Pedigree Software

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbrologan

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just trying to figure out what Pedigree Software would be the best? I've seen Kintraks, played with it a little bit, but haven't really found any others, what do you all use?

Logan

I absolutely LOVE Evans, and they're really helpful and friendly people. I lost my program when my computer crashed and they sent me a free download link for a new one and they had all my information backed up so I didn't have to re enter everything. If you have any questions or problems they always get back to you immediately with help. Not to mention it tells you everything you ever need to know about your rabbits. And it has anything you ever need to track everything you can think of.

I've poked around both websites... ( Evans and Kintraks) Evans ain't cheap to buy ! But all i can find for Kintraks is out of the USA to purchase. Not certain How to go about doing that. ( but then it takes me a while to learn the How to Do It stuff ) Or... maybe there is a supplier in the US that carries it ???

I downloaded the free version, but I don't have alot of rabbits to worry about it yet.... There is a 'purchase' link, after you download it.... So when I reach my limit of 60 bunnies being input(includes all bunnies on pedigrees) than I will just purchase it...

it's an online order a link is sent to open it from what i recall. It basically expands the free version. You can store your information online as well. (talking kintraks)

You can just buy kintraks off their website if you are in the US. They have US prices on there http://www.kintraks.com/purchase.htm . That's all I did. I used the free version until I ran out of space and decided to purchase it since it's really not very expensive. If you want a CD it may take a little while for it to get here but the shipping is free. The download without a hard copy is instant (relative to your internet speed). There are some things that are annoying and I especially don't like it's print layout options. You cannot print a full pedigree if the rabbit has ancestors with a big show history. You can't fit legs, GC #'s, reg #'s, etc... on the last generation no matter what you do. There just aren't enough layout options to make it fit. I ended up exporting one of my MR pedigrees to html and then printing in order to get all the info on one page. For my meat rabbits who don't have major show backgrounds it is not an issue and everything fits fine without having to manually adjust it. For $20 though it's plenty good enough.

I use Ped2web. They recently launched around October. http://www.ped2web.com. I like to be able to have my ipad out with me while I am breeding animals, or I can send pedigrees immediately at a show.

Latest posts

Back