Patience does pay off

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SatinsRule

Reaction score
Nearly 3 years ago, I obtained a white satin doe from a breeder in KS. She has so much to offer in terms of body type and fur density, two things I felt would shore up some glaring weaknesses in some of my bloodline.

It's been pretty frustrating along the way. A few missed breedings, often not taking altogether, but I was patient and stuck with her for whatever gut feeling I had going.

Today, it finally paid off. Layla had her first litter, 3-4 babies out of a cal satin buck in my herd, and she is doing a good job with them.

And the beat goes on with the biggest, most prolific breeding season I've ever had in over 12 years of doing this. :pinkbunny:

Congrats. I was just thinking if I should give up on the two year old Seal Rex...

Wow, that was a really long time to wait. She probably wouldn't have lasted that long here.

I hope she crosses well with your lines and improves your body type and density. :clover:

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":gyc5b9pr said:
I would breed her again with in 10 to 14 days ,, since you had a hard time of her taking.

:yeahthat: Get her on a roll!

Latest posts

Back