Parsley ?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugzy4Lady

Reaction score
I understand that it is safe for rabbits but one of the links that someone attached on another post indicated that it was given as an herbal supplement to both bucks and does to increase both sperm and egg production in rabbits. Anyone have any experience with this? Since I am relatively new to the rabbit world just wondering if this is legitimate.

Parsley is full of Vitamin A... one of the essential vitamins for reproduction in rabbits and also for willingness to breed. Although the levels of vitamins in complete pellet foods is adequate when manufactured, some vitamins are vulnerable to heat and poor or prolonged storage. Your rabbits may benefit from adding dark leafy greens like parsley, chard and dandelion leaves to their diet, starting with small amounts and working it up.

Vitamin E is another essential vitamin, which is one reason so many of us supplement our rabbits with BOSS (Black oil sunflower seeds.)

I often recommend parsley and BOSS to people whose rabbits are reluctant to breed.

yess the black ones. i just started boss for my nursing doe. started with 1tsp per day. will work up to 2tbls per day. then back to 1tbls after weening. not a proven formula but it sounded good.

BOSS is wonderful as a supplement but it is rich and it is easy to overdo it. I'd agree with Schmitty's amounts, but we do not feed BOSS to our rabbits every day. They get a sprinkle over their whole grain when we feel they need it as a general conditioner... Maybe twice a week? More often if a doe is nursed down or in the case of helping out a reluctant breeder.

Latest posts

Back