Paranoid much???

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfaubush

Reaction score
So, I know how you all love a good story and a laugh. Here goes.

This morning, I went out to feed and was carrying 4 gallon jugs of water. Since I'm still in the middle of moving everything, my 2 canopies that have been moved have rows of cages on each side and a row down the middle. Not much room to move. Anyways, 4 gallons of water. I hear a gargle-bark at the other end of the barn. I stop and listen and hear it again. Oh, no! Dear God, Please don't let this be round 2 of rabbit death match! I ever so carefully set the jugs strategically atop cages, praying that the starving to death rabbits don't shake them over with all of their begging and pleading.

I get to the end of the barn. No more gargle-barking. I go back and grab my jugs. Ugh. Gargle-barking again. This time I shimmy down there with the jugs and it stops. Grrrr. Since the girls down there are in banks, it could be any of a half a dozen rabbits. I stand there and stare, I talk to them, I tell them to live, I beg them to not be sick. There are no more sounds. So, I go about my business and hear it again.

I am in a panic at this point. I could feel tears welling up. I've had enough death out there to last a lifetime. I go back over and stand. I'm scanning the rabbits and nothing. I walked away to the other side and watched and it started again, but didn't see the buns doing anything weird. That's when I realized it was a chicken outside the barn. :evil:

I guess it's better than when we first got piggies and they were grunting and I thought for sure I had some strain of super snuffles. Having a very good laugh at myself like that this morning really put me back into a relaxed state out there.

Oh, lol! I am glad it was only a chicken. hehe, it was probably watching you run back and forth...thinking how funny that making noises could control you so easily! lololololol!

How utterly adorable.

I feel so badly for you losing all those rabbits. Hopefully you will have a nice LONG break from rabbits dying, and give you a chance to heal from the shock.

Oh my gosh Shara! Don't give my daughter any ideas, she will be hiding around the corners making gargle-barks in the house! I am laughing my head off, crafty little chicken saying Mua-Whahaha....

It is freaky the way my teenager can perectly imitate a whole range of chicken noises--she can make them sound amorous, indignant, hopeful, sorrowful, demanding, and I can just picture her saying "Watch this girls...I'm gonna really freak Mom out!"

Wow, now you just need to go to the ER for the heart attack
LOL
that's as bad me running for one of my boys cause of the blood curdling screams and finding them confused, a kit had it's foot in the wire when we were keeping them in the house.

Durned chickens! :x I thought one of my goats was making a funny noise the other day and was staring intently trying to figure it out. Realized it was one of the idiot young roosters that won't go in the coop!

So I know where you're coming from! :cool:

When I was a kid it was my job to wrangle my grandmas chickens, eventually got them to the point where she could walk up and they squatted with their wings cocked. Took lots of running, lots and lots, but I guess that's part of being a kid.

My shrink told me-- If there really IS something to worry or fear, then it is NOT paranoia.

Oh, bless your heart, Paula! Under any other circumstances, you probably wouldn't have thought a thing of it.

I still remember the time that, as a teenager, I got up about 4am to make an anniversary cake to surprise my parents. One of our neighbors had peacocks that would roam the neighborhood. That morning, they took to running around on our roof, scaring the daylights out of me, and calling to each other, which sounds for all the world like someone screaming for help.

trinityoaks":2wgxllil said:
Oh, bless your heart, Paula! Under any other circumstances, you probably wouldn't have thought a thing of it.

I still remember the time that, as a teenager, I got up about 4am to make an anniversary cake to surprise my parents. One of our neighbors had peacocks that would roam the neighborhood. That morning, they took to running around on our roof, scaring the daylights out of me, and calling to each other, which sounds for all the world like someone screaming for help.

LOL! I have learned that I don't like peacocks. My neighbors had them and with the way our property lays, we couldn't tell where all of the screaming was coming from. We actually called the police once and told them that someone was screaming and it sounded like they were in dire pain. I was a bit embarrassed when I found out that they were peacocks. :oops:

pfaubush":18yzy5xz said:
We actually called the police once and told them that someone was screaming and it sounded like they were in dire pain.
LOL!! Yup! That's EXACTLY what they sound like! <shiver!>

That reminds me of "Little House in the Big Woods", where the men heard a cougar screaming and thought it was a woman needing help.

Back