Papaya Enzyme Pills

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Alright, so, after figuring out how much money I spend on papaya and pineapple, only to have the majority of it wasted, I switched to papaya enzyme pills. It's got a fair bit of sugar in it, so I cut back on sweet treats, but the rabbits don't seem to mind, as they LOVE the pills, and eat them like candy.

Well the does do, and Dobby did, anyway. Snow won't touch them.

I'm thinking of crushing the pill and mixing it with water, to get some into Snow. He is one of the hairier rabbits, so I would feel best if he would get some of the enzyme in him... Would this put him off drinking his water though? I am pretty sure that he won't eat the pill because he doesn't like me, not because he doesn't like the pills. He also won't eat the fresh foods I give him.

Thoughts?

Yes to hay regularly.

Dobby was getting hay regularly as well, but died mid molt. I don't know if he was blocked up or not, he was fine one day, and dead the next. I figure better safe than sorry, though. Anything I can do to help them pass it easier, I figure.

Papaya and pineapple contain enzymes that help rabbits break down and pass ingested hair. I have lionheads, and worry about them getting wool block.

Latest posts

Back