Palpating difficulty or record keeping error

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Buns

Reaction score
I went to palpate my holland today. Day 11 and she already feels round like she swallowed a grapefruit. This is usually how they feel in the last week, not the second week. I'm wondering if she has a problem or if I miscalculated. I did put her in the a buck a few weeks ago. Recorded the date but discarded when I felt nothing upon palpating. And she readily lifted when I put her in with the buck 11 days ago. I figured that it was an unsuccessful first try. Now I don't know. Gah!!!! Thoughts?

I always err on the side of caution, especially if you are good at palpating:). Fingers crossed for you.....I am still waiting for pics of your others!

99.jpg <br /><br /> -- Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 pm -- <br /><br />
alforddm":1mzbyy7k said:
Put a box is just in case. They do sometimes lift when that are already breed. Doesn't happen a lot but it does happen.
yikes, but when? no idea when she might be due :p :x

I love this, they look great! I bet they have already grown since you took it:). As for the other ones date, I have a system for forgetting dates. I try to remember what else I was doing, and see if maybe I took any pics . If I did, I can look up the dates on those pictures and usually get within a few days. I have kids so I take pictures often, if you don't, maybe try look back on your calendar. You may be able to remember having lunch with a friend or a Dr Appt the day before or after.......

Great idea. I've been wracking my brain but I just can't figure who I bred and rebred on what day considering everyone else I actually wrote down. I think that I didn't keep track of this one because she didn't lift and so I assumed it was a no go. <br /><br /> -- Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:50 pm -- <br /><br /> So on the other hand, does a firm belly indicate the end of a pregnancy?

I am not very good at palpating, so I just make it a habit to always assume a doe is bred. The breeding info goes in my book, nestbox on day 28, etc.

I am lucky in that I have yet to have a doe miss.

*fingers crossed for healthy kits for you*

Latest posts

Back