Out of Town

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering this may seem like a dumb question but how many days does folks seem fine with leaving their rabbits alone to go out of town??
We have now down to 9 meat rabbits, 50 chickens, 7 ducks, 2 geese and 30 quail. We have never gone out of town for the day. We use to go on vacations 2 times a year till we got all our babies on our homestead. Its now been over 7 yrs anyway just wondered what others do and think. MERRY CHRISTMAS ☝☝

Longest I've left without anyone home is only a weekend, 2-4 days
That sounds do able just need to find bigger water bottles then these small Tractor Supply ones they need refilled almost twice a day. I was thinking of trying those 32 oz coke bottles and see if those would last two days. 🤔

That sounds do able just need to find bigger water bottles then these small Tractor Supply ones they need refilled almost twice a day. I was thinking of trying those 32 oz coke bottles and see if those would last two days. 🤔
We have a 55 gallon drum auto waterer, and as long as there aren't any growouts, my feeders will keep enough for 5 days per cage. We usually have my neighbor or my son's friend check in mid week if we are gone for longer than 3 days, just refill everything and make sure nothing happened to the water system.

If we have growouts or a doe with babies over 3 weeks we need someone out there daily to feed. We've just been sure to plan breeding/processing around our trips so far.

like @mrscllc I have an autowater system. I would be ok for 2-4 days depending on the grow out situation--With grow outs I have to feed daily. Basically, how long can you go without having to replace food and water? that is how long I would leave them alone.

Latest posts

Back