Our very first show...a success! :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MamaMandy

Reaction score
Went to our first show last night. It was an ARBA show held on the fairgrounds during fair so there were lots of rabbits everywhere! We took 12 rabbits (oh my...wish I'd known just how much paperwork there is to fill out! LOL) and ended up with ribbons for all but one. The kids were just thrilled. The only one that didn't place was our ND orange buck. He DQ'd on weight because he's a junior. If I'd entered him as a senior, he would have been fine. Oh well, next time, right? :) And since I didn't know what I was doing I accidentally signed all the kids up to show in open rather than youth. It worked out fine though.

My husband showed his Sandy Flemish jr doe and placed first by default since she was the only one in that category. I think he really enjoyed participating and is willing to go to more shows so that's great! :mrgreen:

My oldest son took the Mini Rex that we just rescued last week, and she also placed first by default. He knew she wouldn't have won if there had been more competition but he didn't care at all! He was so pleased. :D

Our Hollands did OK. There were quite a few of them and the competition is pretty stiff with them. Our black buck and orange doe both placed 4th, my new chocolate otter doe placed 5th and our broken black barely senior (by one day!) placed 2nd.

We did the best with our Netherlands! Our blue tort jr doe got BOV. My 5 year old's blue himi buck got 2nd place. Our broken chestnut jr doe got BOSV and BOSG. Our broken opal sr buck got BOS and our Siamese sable jr doe got BOB! :p

Since we got BOB we stayed til the end of the show to compete for BIS. I knew we didn't have a chance with a jr but it was still fun just being a part of it all. We didn't get home til after midnight, and my oldest talked all the way home about the show and about "the next show"! I think he's been bitten by the show bug. I hope we can find some more close enough to be able to go. With so many little ones it's just not feasible for us to travel super far at this point. Overall, we had a great night. I had told the kids ahead of time that we were just going for the fun of it and for experience because I didn't want them to be disappointed if we didn't place at all. As it turned out they each got at least one ribbon! :lol:

There is a new album on our fb page titled Winnings. I still don't know how to resize pics taken with my good camera so I can post them on here. :oops: If y'all want to see pics of the buns with their ribbons you'll have to check out the fb page. ;) Sorry!

Congratulations, and may there be many more shows and ribbons to come! I'm fixing to load 8 of mine up in a little bit for a road trip to Charleston, SC and a triple show tomorrow.

Congrats! That sounds like such a great time.

Now you need to make a ribbon wall in your rabbitry...and then fill it up!

Latest posts

Back