Our second litter due any day now!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBMBarbalooski

Reaction score
Our second litter of French Angoras are due any day now. Lily is sporting her haystache and fussing with the nesting box. Lily is a REW and the buck is a self black. I'm hoping for some beautiful colors.

[album]3120[/album]

Well, I posted my excitement on Friday and here it is Sunday morning and still no babies. She pulled out all kinds of fur on her underbelly for her nest but still no babies. The wait continues.

When do I start to get concerned? She is a first time mama.

I'm guessing she's at day 32 or 33 today? First time moms are not very predictable.

I would likely start to be concerned in a couple more days. But maybe Lily will surprise you this evening.

*fingers crossed*

She was bred on Nov 22nd so she is at day 29 or 30 depending on whether to count the breeding day or not. My own kids were hoping she would have them on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Maybe she heard them.

I'm hopeful that when those babies are ready they will come.

33rd day should be christmas but, my guess would be tonight or tomorrow morning if she is pulling a lot of hair. Mine seem to kindle 30 min to 6 hrs after pulling a lot of hair. I watch for the blood then with in the hour I have little ones (I have white panels under my cages so easy to see). Please keep us informed, wishing you the best.

Poppies!!!!!! Lily had four or five little ones this morning, just in time for Christmas. They all are black as far as I can tell. All alive. Phew. <br /><br /> -- Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:40 am -- <br /><br /> [album]3133[/album]
:lol:
:D

:mbounce: :mbounce: :congratulations: I hope they are all healthy - I'm jealous about the solid blacks, we get one single solid black in each set of litters, but they always die within three days! Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

All four babies seem to be doing very well. 24 hours later. They make all kinds of noise when I check on them in the nest. We had one solid black doe with our other litter. I truly expected more white or at least one white. I will be interested to see how these four develop. <br /><br /> -- Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:13 am -- <br /><br /> Ok, I found five little ones in the nest this morning. Five. All black. What are the odds of that? I guess it's safe to say the Bucks genes are dominant here.

LBMBarbalooski":31i2ywtm said:
All four babies seem to be doing very well. 24 hours later. They make all kinds of noise when I check on them in the nest. We had one solid black doe with our other litter. I truly expected more white or at least one white. I will be interested to see how these four develop.

-- Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:13 am --

Ok, I found five little ones in the nest this morning. Five. All black. What are the odds of that? I guess it's safe to say the Bucks genes are dominant here.

:congratulations:

Back