Ouch!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I was out checking my doe "B" which is the first doe I breed. When I palpated at 14 days I didn't feel much, but then again I'm really bad at palpating anyways, haha. I lightly felt her sides, they are firmer than they were 20 days ago. I reached under to feel her belly, and that little "B" turned around, and bit my elbow!! :eek:

Now she has always been a bit jumpy with some attitude hence the name, lol. But now she's like a bolt of brown lightening, jumping all over, grunting like crazy, runs away from me when I open her cage. Her sister who is also her cage mate is becoming the same way she is also at 20 days.

I am out of cage space, and I have one that is housing 2. One of those gals has hair coming out all over, and seemed stressed so I tried to move one in with my youngest (also believed to be pregnant), thinking she might not be as bothered by a cage mate because her hormones haven't been strong. Boy was that a mistake! I have NEVER seen her that territorial! Immediately they fought. So I moved our oldest Buck out of his cage and he's living in the yard with a shed for shelter. Hess happy being able to excercise whenever he wants, and has plenty of shelter. Not a perfect solution but it will have to do til we see what happens with these girls and babies, and sell something....

Latest posts

Back