Other rabbit pages?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrymomma1991

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was any other pages like this? I love this page and was just wondering if anybody has any other fun ones to keep up on. I also am looking for another page to sell/trade my satin buck on.

countrymomma1991":2bfb1i2w said:
I was just wondering if there was any other pages like this?

There are very few North American based bunny forums that are welcoming to bunny raisers of all types like this one is.

HomeSteadingToday has a rabbit forum, but it isn't as active as this one.

I know there are also lots of Facebook groups, but I don't "do" Facebook, so I can't help you with that.

Beware with the FB groups. If you join one, some will bash out and nonstop tell you to cull for everything. And if you're a person who culls for everything, take it easy on other people!
Don't know any other forum as well rounded as this one.
Backyardherds.com has a rabbit section.

This forum is really unique. It is welcoming to everyone, and the moderators don't tolerate mean people harassing other people. Which, compared to Certain Other Forums, is a refreshing change!!!

I'd try a facebook community, but as ChickiesnBunnies said, be aware that some people on those groups don't have the ability to be polite or nice! ;) I had a slew of nasty, mean-spirited private messages from some people on the "Ultimate Mini Rex" group when I posted looking for does to buy...............however, I also had some SUPER-nice, kind and helpful people message me too!!! I imagine it's like sorting a basket of apples......some are delightful, others you just toss in the circular file. ;)

Best of luck!!!!!!

Kyle@theHeathertoft":xy6p5lq7 said:
I'd try a facebook community, but as ChickiesnBunnies said, be aware that some people on those groups don't have the ability to be polite or nice! ;) I had a slew of nasty, mean-spirited private messages from some people on the "Ultimate Mini Rex" group when I posted looking for does to buy...............

What mini-rex breeder would yell at you for asking for a doe to buy?

phillinley":1rnmn35m said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":1rnmn35m said:
I'd try a facebook community, but as ChickiesnBunnies said, be aware that some people on those groups don't have the ability to be polite or nice! ;) I had a slew of nasty, mean-spirited private messages from some people on the "Ultimate Mini Rex" group when I posted looking for does to buy...............

What mini-rex breeder would yell at you for asking for a doe to buy?

I refuse to badmouth anyone directly, so...no names or rabbitry details, sorry. ;) But it was actually a few people, on a few different things. One gal messaged me to specifically tell me that she would never ever sell to me because I'm new and therefore don't deserve her quality MR and after all nobody ever helped her so why should I expect help? I was like "Uhm, I was just asking if anyone had any does for sale, that's all" but ultimately I chose not to respond. I doubt my reply would have led to a polite discussion of any sort. :roll:

Plus apparently to some of the "hardcore" MR people, the fact that I won't pay hundreds of dollars for a rabbit is a sin. Another gal wigged out at me because I won't ever be able to be "nationally competitive" with my "crap rabbits." Uhm.......two of my three MR are multi-BOV-winning rabbits, and the third had PRODUCED some BOS and BOV offspring.....they aren't crap, NOT BY A LONG SHOT, and moreover, I show rabbits as a fun hobby, not to be a big shot and be "nationally competitive." :p They insisted that I should either go bigtime or not at all. Gods forbid I enjoy rabbits as a hobby!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

HOWEVER, that being said I also had some VERY nice people message me, too. :) Some guy actually messaged me to tell me that certain MR people would probably go out of their way to be rude and to just ignore them, don't let them ruin it for me. :) Another gal was super-kind and gave me a killer deal on one of my does...she even suggested I pick her up before the show rather than wait to pick up AT the show so I could have the experience of putting her on the table. :D

So the MR fb page is more good than bad IMO, because I can ignore the jerks and enjoy the kind people and all the cool information. ;) Plus there's lots of people who advertize their rabbits there so I can see what is selling for how much and where, which is helpful too.............plus I just love all the "critique my MR" posts because it is helpful as I learn to hone my "eye" for quality, too.

WOW thanks everyone!!! I just enjoy this one so much and love my rabbits that I was looking for more pages. I really loveeeeeeeeeee this one!! And I am not one to cull my rabbits! I hate having to do it and only do it as a last resort!! thank you everyone!!

Kyle@theHeathertoft":y4mvonz8 said:
phillinley":y4mvonz8 said:
Kyle@theHeathertoft":y4mvonz8 said:
Uhm.......two of my three MR are multi-BOV-winning rabbits,.

Both of our mini-rex are multi-BOV winning rabbits too. Our Lilac has won 7 BOV's. However she has only ever faced three other rabbits total in those 7 shows. So we can act like we're cool, but we know we're not :D

I'm glad we don't have that type of MR attitude in our area. My daughter has received lots of help from two of the better breeders in the area, one of whom one BOB Mini Rex youth at nationals last year. The one lady who helped us out with Lynx was getting made fun of by another Mini Rex breeder because she never sells off her show stock but she just laughed and said "How can I not help out a five year old girl who loves Lynx as much as I do?"

I think as long as we stay away from blacks and brokens, everyone will be pretty cool to deal with.

SuburbanHomesteader":gj2pw7z1 said:
It is my opinion that none of the other sites can compare to Rabbit Talk - especially when it comes to 1) focus on rabbits, 2) quality of users, and 3) quality of content.

I know I've been real cautious about posting because I've been on dog and horse sites that would find ANY excuse to blast you. I read here alot and am getting move confident that it is "safe" to post openly and honestly here.

Thank to those that make/keep it that way!

Back