Oreo Popped...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rabbitcutie

Reaction score
When i got home from school i went to check on Oreo. i saw four kits laying all over the playhouse, all dead. She has one more on the way so i am going to check on her every hour to make sure it makes it. The good news is that Cookie ( our Rex bunny)was bred th same day as oreo and she hasnt given birth yet

A lot of times they aren't really dead, just very close. You should gather them all up and keep them next to your bare skin while warming towels in the dryer or figuring out another way to keep them warm. Some people submerse them in warm water, or use a blow dryer on a warm setting. Hopefully you may still be able to bring them back! It is worth a try, anyway.<br /><br />__________ Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 pm __________<br /><br />I also wanted to add that you should probably confine the other doe to a smaller area in the playhouse so she doesn't do the same thing, but wanted the above info to post quickly in case there is still time to save them. I would also take that single live kit from her and keep it warm until she or the other doe has more kits. I have a litter of 3 that kept themselves warm, but 1 or 2 have a hard time doing so.

thanks, but it was too late. The kits were for sure dead. I am waiting for the other one to live so i can make sure it stays warm.

Latest posts

Back