Orchitis? White bumps on testicles

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bantambunnies

Reaction score
A while back, I noticed very small, white bumps on the testicles of my Holland buck. Several months have passed since then, and I haven't noticed any other signs of illness. The bumps don't seem to have spread to the vent or face.
He has not been bred in about two years.

The bumps look somewhat like pus, just beneath the surface of the skin. I did a brief search on Google and came up with orchitis, which is caused by Pasturella. Does that sound right, or is this something else?
One of my other bucks has had problems with his testicles for years, and one is very swollen. The two bucks have been in contact with each other in the past.

Does anyone know what this is? I can take a photo, if necessary.

Picture is a good idea. I've seen some with just pimple like places, not any thing related to p. from other breeders (and myself). Usually its on a particularly spray happy buck or one that likes to be dirty. There's never been sneezing/discharge/or any thing else that would lead any of them (or myself) to think it was p. and none of their offspring had any issues or signs of problems.

Tried to get a photo of it... bit tricky, but you can see the white spots.

Attachments

• rsz_img_1299.jpg
    rsz_img_1299.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,750
Hmm doesn't look like the pimple like places I was talking about either, nothing I've ever seen. It looks more like a fungal infection of some kind, being so uniform and not really red in the area or swollen like what some times happens with ring worm, but I don't really know. Is there any puss expelled from them or odd smell?

Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry":3h3qhvz9 said:
Is there any puss expelled from them or odd smell?
Not that I've noticed... I haven't squeezed them hard, but nothing's oozing out or anything. They appear to be just beneath the skin. <br /><br /> -- Mon May 09, 2016 1:09 pm -- <br /><br /> Can anyone recommend what to do next? I'd really like to move this buck along, but I don't want to sell an animal with a disease...

Latest posts

Back