Opinions wanted!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonnerSurvivor

Reaction score
Hi, I posted on here earlier and was very thankful for the information provided me, If you didnt catch my first thread it was about wanting Angoras that would need minimum grooming. I have been mostly unsuccessful in locating any Angoras for sale locally but I recently ran across this add http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/g ... 46468.html It has 2 does that are German/English and it says 5 buck Germans but they dont appear purebred German to me from the photos but I am no expert. Just by looking at the photos can any of you tell me what you think about these rabbits? The two does seem to have some decent wool but it is hard to tell and the bucks look part French to me. What do you guys think? I am assuming the two does are the ones with wool on their faces like English would have. I live one and half hours from the add location and a snow storm is rolling in that is why I was hoping to get another opinion before I get to excited.
Thanks for any information

Well part french would give you easy grooming. They look like good woolers. Seemed like german had more crimp, but those might be baby coats.

It's hard to tell from photos in a cage. I'd be cautious of the English/Satin, I've heard their coats can be difficult. Any cross breed is an iffy situation, they can be awesome, or just ok. Too bad you work all summer, I am taking a trip to MN in June, and bringing rabbits with me to some people out there, I could throw in a couple extra for you ;).

Hmm... It's hard to tell through the cage, but they don't look too fantastic. They look like poorly wooled English or cottony Germans. Again, its hard to tell. Ask them to send you a picture of their coat from root to tip... when you blow into their fur it spreads apart so you can get a better view of what their coat looks like.

look like young ones in the first pics. never been around the angoras but just my gut feelin by the pics. super cute though :3 wish i had some/had the time/had the money/had the space ;) hahaha

Thanks everyone. I have kinda backed off getting these. The add calls them Giants then calls them German and honestly the color is not my favorite but the price is sure right! I have been getting alil fusterated trying to find quality rabbits at a reasonable price. After more research I would really like Germans but 150-300 dollars is just to much for me to pay. German Angoras seem like Alpacas to me when they once sold for 10k plus now they are 300 dollars on craigslist. French on the other hand seem reasonable priced 40-60 each but impossible to find. It also took me 3 months to find the "perfect" trio of meat rabbits so maybe I am just way to picky lol.

DonnerSurvivor":3teym5df said:
Thanks everyone. I have kinda backed off getting these. The add calls them Giants then calls them German and honestly the color is not my favorite but the price is sure right! I have been getting alil fusterated trying to find quality rabbits at a reasonable price. After more research I would really like Germans but 150-300 dollars is just to much for me to pay. German Angoras seem like Alpacas to me when they once sold for 10k plus now they are 300 dollars on craigslist. French on the other hand seem reasonable priced 40-60 each but impossible to find. It also took me 3 months to find the "perfect" trio of meat rabbits so maybe I am just way to picky lol.

It's okay to be picky. At least you know what you really want. I looked for a year before finding the starting trio of rabbits I wanted!

Back