Opinion please

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

euphoria

Reaction score
What kind of colors of litter I can get if I breed sable point male (not sure what is his background) and white FemaleBEW (both parents BEW)
Male on the picture . I don't have picture of a female but she is completely white with blue eyes .
Thank you šŸ˜Š

Attachments

• IMG_20221210_225832_129.jpg
    IMG_20221210_225832_129.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 0
I don't think anyone can give a good answer on this. BEW is caused by 2 copies of the vienna gene and that just masks the color under it with the white and blue eyes. The doe could be any color under there and unless you know her pedigree and have colored rabbits in there, there isn't a way to guess. Her kits should be vienna marked though, no matter what color they come out as.

I don't think anyone can give a good answer on this. BEW is caused by 2 copies of the vienna gene and that just masks the color under it with the white and blue eyes. The doe could be any color under there and unless you know her pedigree and have colored rabbits in there, there isn't a way to guess. Her kits should be vienna marked though, no matter what color they come out as.
Thank you !šŸ˜Š

I play a game online that tells me this: 2 copies of the vienna gene will act just like 2 copies of the albino gene. Both will be white, but one will be BEW and the other REW.

Since the BEW can only pass on a copy of the vienna gene, every kit will be a carrier of one copy of the vienna gene. Her kits have will a 50/50 chance of actually expressing the partial dominance of the vienna gene. Usually the incomplete dominance of the recessive gene will express itself with mismarked white areas, like a sock on one of the legs or a blaze down part of the face.

Not all vienna carriers will express this incomplete dominance. This means that a non vienna marked rabbit can still carry one copy.

Any rabbit a BEW is bred with, will produce kits with one copy. To get more BEWs, you can breed two carriers and cross your fingers that the die rolls give a buck with 2 vienna copies. A BEW buck is born.

If you get any REWs when breeding her, both she and the buck are rew carriers.

I play a game online that tells me this: 2 copies of the vienna gene will act just like 2 copies of the albino gene. Both will be white, but one will be BEW and the other REW.

Since the BEW can only pass on a copy of the vienna gene, every kit will be a carrier of one copy of the vienna gene. Her kits have will a 50/50 chance of actually expressing the partial dominance of the vienna gene. Usually the incomplete dominance of the recessive gene will express itself with mismarked white areas, like a sock on one of the legs or a blaze down part of the face.

Not all vienna carriers will express this incomplete dominance. This means that a non vienna marked rabbit can still carry one copy.

Any rabbit a BEW is bred with, will produce kits with one copy. To get more BEWs, you can breed two carriers and cross your fingers that the die rolls give a buck with 2 vienna copies. A BEW buck is born.

If you get any REWs when breeding her, both she and the buck are rew carriers.
Thank you so much for your time !!!

What game is this if you don't mind me asking? Does it teach you other genes? I've been wanting a fun, easy way to nail down my knowledge of the different alleles and how they are expressed ā˜ŗ

What game is this if you don't mind me asking? Does it teach you other genes? I've been wanting a fun, easy way to nail down my knowledge of the different alleles and how they are expressed ā˜ŗ
Probably this one Leporidae | Home it's a good one. I am on there too but haven't been active in a while. And yes, I believe all of the real genes are in there and then there are some fun fantasy ones (clearly marked though I would hope people know rainbow colors and leopard spots or zebra stripes is not normal) as well to play with if you just want to have fun.

Back