Operation sludge bust

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imajpm

Reaction score
So I have complained a few times about some nasty genetic problems my angoras have. With the help of a lovely lady I have recently acquired a new robust buck that is a complete outcross. Some might say why not just scrap the whole line and start over. That would be ideal but at $250 per rabbit it's a bit expensive. Also it takes some doing and traveling to get to these buns. My traveling ability is seriously hampered so with some scurrying around we managed to get this guy transported. He flew on a plane across the country, spent the night in a hotel with me, and then drove 8 hours home.

So operation sludge bust will commence as soon as he is out of quarantine. It's been a bit bumpy until I discovered that the only way he would eat his pellets was from a tuna can lol. I've done a ton of research on sludge and am looking forward to the "field trials". The problems appear to be dominant and visible, otherwise it wouldn't even be worth trying to clean up if I were fighting with hidden recessives.

Anyway :D I'm excited to get going. I've learned a TON already. This post is sort of a log of progress/problems as well. Hopefully one day it will be worth reading lol. Now lemme see if I have a typical out of focus pic of the new boy. Please pardon the construction mayhem in the background lol.
1030151022a.jpg

That is awesome that you got him!!!! Souonds like t was a lot of traveling and work to get a hold of him :shock: :p
He is a beautiful boy! :bunnyhop:

Thank you! And pee! Glorious pee! I can hear him pee! That may sound a tad crazy but my sludgies all dribble, poor things. I have not heard angora pee in a long time lol.

Wow! I had to look up sludge to really see what you are talking about. Hmmm. I may be dealing with a few like this. I'll be keeping back all my best pee-ers just in case. So glad you have some new stock for the project.

imajpm":w5ha4f2h said:
Thank you! And pee! Glorious pee! I can hear him pee! That may sound a tad crazy but my sludgies all dribble, poor things. I have not heard angora pee in a long time lol.
YAAAAY! :cheer1:
Normal people think the things we talk about are weird and crazy.... But us, being rabbit people think it is glorious! :cheer2:

Lol indeed. I got a few odd looks during my trip to pick him up. Doubled as a family visit. The rabbit analogies were plentiful as were the confused expressions that followed. I think more people need rabbits. It would make communication a lot easier.

Latest posts

Back