One Question Answered.....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Friends--you've already answered one troubling question that I'd had.

First let me say that I'm not at all Squeamish or Maudlin.

I've worked in several Slaughter Houses over the years, the last one a Poultry Processing Plant.

I've worked with my hands elbow deep in Pig Intestines all day.

But what was bothering me, was the prospect of slaying Animals that I had raised.

I mean, being a Good Steward seemingly entails a sincere caring about your Animal's Welfare.

I could Hypnotize myself into not caring--even slightly disliking my Animals. That would make Slaughtering them far less traumatic.....

But they wouldn't be getting the best care that I could--Hypothetically--give them.

If I don't give a Spritz about them, it will inevitable result in poor Husbandry--Because I don't give a Spritz!

Nor is it at all acceptable to me, to have someone else slay them.

I had actually thought of some of y'all's Strategies--get attached to the Breeders--but not the Feeders, etc.

But it reassures me to know that I'm not alone; and that y'all have anticipated some of my "Solutions".

In contrast--I find Chickens a prime Paradox.

In a Battery, or running semi-loose, they are some of the nastiest creatures on God's green Earth--But properly prepared, the meat is exceptionally clean and wholesome.

I dislike Chickens as Animals--nonetheless, I'd like to be in a position to raise them.

But come Harvest day, I'd be singing:

"And another one gone; And another one gone; Another One Bites The Dust.....Duh-Duh Duhawah!!!"

Saxon Violence.

Back