One of my babies gave me a heart attack this morning.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
Starting when they were about 2 days old, I would bring my litter in the house, inside a shoebox with a rag in it.

I have a litter of 10 mini Rex babies that were born on the 22. This morning, when I went to get the babies to bring in the house, there were only nine.

I ransacked the pen that I have them and their mom in looking for the baby and I couldn't find it. I was FLIPPING OUT.

I did find it.

I have a piece of wood at the bottom of the pen so that fat girl couldn't dig down to have the babies. My other rabbits dug a burrow underneath that piece of wood. The wood is a bit shorter than the space that it's in, and where it ends is a small hole, and underneath that hole is the beginning of the burrow.

He had fallen through that hole, and was underneath a piece of wood that was screwed into the back wall of the colony. The only way I found him was because it squeaked. I have him wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket on my lap right now.

Nyctra":1u6lnodx said:
I think that one's deserving of the name "Lucky!" :p

Agreed!! I 'lost' a kit when my litter was what, maybe 4 or 5 weeks old? I was letting them out to run around, a few at a time and one of them just disappeared. I did manage to find it, finally, several hours later. He had managed to get inside a closed filing box. I don't know how he did it and I never would have looked there except I heard the faintest scratching sound.

Latest posts

Back