ok to move to new cage? Plus, POPPLE PIX!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessiL

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to run this past the group. My little black American doe, Iman, had her first litter of kits 3 days ago! Despite being just a shade over 4 months old (this was an oops litter - as detailed in a different thread, she hopped out of her side of a rabbit tractor that blew open during a just ferocious wind storm, and into her male neighbor's side, where I found her 3+ hours later - she appeared very precocious and fast-growing anyway, which was why I was keeping her to grow her out), she successfully built a decent little nest and is caring for her 6 kits just fine.

She is the only resident of her particular bank of cages, and I'd like to move her out to sanitize that row, and then move in my new trio of Creme d'Argents. Does anyone think she'd react badly to being transplanted (along with her nest box of kits) to a new-to-her cage? Any precautions I should take, such as letting her explore the new cage for a little while without her nest box, or should I just go ahead and move everyone, lock stock and barrel?

And as promised, POPPLE PIX! Iman obviously carries the recessive c gene, as we have one white, and the rest blue and black (dad is an American blue, also known c gene carrier).

Last Import - 8.jpg

And a picture of proud mom.

Last Import - 4.jpg

I would just move the doe and bring the nest twice a day for feeding the first few days until she is settled in her new territory.

A move can make the does nervous and she might spend too much time in the nest box and accidentally trample kits

Latest posts

Back