ok someone tell me why I wasn't expecting Maple to kindle?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shara

Reaction score
So I went out there to move two rabbits into cages I have, Maple and Cedar, so I could move the litter and Spooky into the shed, so my son will leave them alone....uh...Maple was pulling fur!

Ugh. I looked back, and sure as poo, today is day 32 since her last litter was born....

Of course, she was in the colony at the time...and of course, my stupid head didn't think "oh yeah, she should have another litter in a month. UGH!!!!

So now its bunny juggle time. Who goes into the shed? Not Spooky. So...I have two weeks before Luna is due, so her and Cedar go into the cages...I guess Spook stays inside until she weans this litter, when she will be going to freezer camp. Good newes is I caught Maple before she had them, so I can get the other two out of there...bad news is I am a dunce!

If she has a good litter with two does, I will save them and butcher everyb=unny else when their respective litters are weaned. Luna's pregnant...so she has a little while longer, 2 months, maybe. Spooky has a few weeks...at least she is litter box trained and a good house bunny. I will keep Maple until her daughters are breeding, for the meat, but the others I can get rid of. I'll have to get a new buck in a year or so, since I don't want to in breed too much and this litter is Cedars.

Ugh. Okay, do we have a dunce cap smiley? :grit:<br /><br />__________ Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:57 am __________<br /><br />I guess good news is I get another litter...quick, too! I am going to be SWIMMING in rabbit meat in a few months! YAY!!

I am not selling anymore, either, since I bought them to eat them, and to date, have only eaten one. :(

lol, when I ANT and expect them to breed, they don'...and when wish they wouldn't, they DO!

So just get rid of your cages! lol, you know, and set a planned rotation...and then you will have more than you know what to do with!

It's always the way, Shara. ;) At least you realized in time to give her a nestbox. It's a good thing to have happen, even if it's inconvenient. You should have enough rabbits to eat a bunch (Caelin will be happy! :roll: ) and perhaps sell a few to help with the feed bill.

Yeah well, you already know she died. Off copurse when I brought her body in and Caelin saw she was dead ( after getting exciteds to play with her) he got excited hoping we are going to eat her....ugh, lol.

yeah, I know, but when i posted here, you had already posted on the other thread...

I should really just put all the stuff in one. I think i do live in the state of confusion!

Latest posts

Back