Ok, Lets Play favorites, post your fav MOMMA here!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flemishstar

Reaction score
I know we all have that one special Doe, the one who raises fat kits, is super nice, builds giant nests, and effortlessly raises her litters,

This is mine her name is Zsa Zsa (from the Gabors)

Attachments

• IMAG0135.jpg
    IMAG0135.jpg
    392.1 KB · Views: 245
Mine is Babycakes. She has 5-6 kits in each litter. Her brokens are always easy to sell. She is by no means a lap rabbit but is never mean. Some of our does get a tad grumpy when pregnant. She takes great care of her kits. I wish I had a better picture of her when she had her double mane but such is life.

I love my blue Silver Fox Moon, great momma and has lovely babies. Bonus she keeps having mostly does.
022_zps71bfedc0.jpg

She always looked grumpy... EXPECIALLY when she was pregnant/nursing kits. I could tell she was pregnant by the look of her face, literally.

My fav momma is my sweet Breezy...because she's just my favorite, LOL. She's still caring for her first litter...four of her five kits were either stillborn or peanuts, so I fostered three Champagnes to her. It's so cute watching her nurse Champagnes who are by now almost as big as she is!!! Yet she's a super-gentle momma...grooms the heck out of her kits, nurses them often, lets them use her as a pillow...she's awesome. :)

Breezy with her lone Mini Rex kit! :)
533738_594291103947698_1121683755_n.jpg

Breezy is also the only bunny who won't run away if I just turn her loose in the yard. She just...grazes and hops around a little. :)
296225_559329374110538_763324678_n.jpg

So pretty!!!!!!!!!
983645_554368594606616_1063127974_n.jpg

OMG she is pretty!!!!! And I see You mentioned Champagne dargentes :| You must of known how I long for one!! they are no were to be found in CT, :evil: ....I would Buy from You in a heart beat!!! :mrgreen: I just love their look, AND how they change colors as they mature!! and their...MEAT.. I want I want!! ok, Im done :cool:

Flemishstar":7en3ib3s said:
OMG she is pretty!!!!! And I see You mentioned Champagne dargentes :| You must of known how I long for one!! they are no were to be found in CT, :evil: ....I would Buy from You in a heart beat!!! :mrgreen: I just love their look, AND how they change colors as they mature!! and their...MEAT.. I want I want!! ok, Im done :cool:

LOL well, if you can arrange transport, I'll have a Champagne buck available soon! He's one of Breezy's "babies." :)

~thinks about favorite does~ I guess I'd have to say Lolly is my favorite...I need to get a good pic of her one day...she loves the boys and has ridiculous amounts of kits...and raises them all like a dream...sweet and loving no matter whats going on. it makes how I got her all the stranger...I was going to buy a flemish giant doe...and well turns out poor lolly was definitely not a flemish, just a normal medium sized mutt doe...and she was all skin and bones. they called her widow since when they got her the other rabbit they had caged with her died o_O For the looks of her from not being fed. But I was holding her in my arms feeling how weak she was and I couldn't leave her with those people...got her home...other then being malnourished she was healthy. gave her a year to put on weight and bounce back completely..even though she tried to get to the boys months before I was willing to let her (she was an escape artist, could get out of her cage but not into theirs :p) first litter she gave me was eleven and she handled it wonderfully. I held back two of her daughters so I hope they live up to their mom's example :)

AWW thats sweet...My FG doe was Flemish sized but def not all flemish, she had white paws..I do Miss her but...she ended up in freezer camp, she wouldnt breed, or didnt know how? she would not lift at all for any buck ....I didnt have a buck then, or one large enough for her....

FANCY, how do I look into transport, just out of curiosity, Im new to this, outsourcing and importing of rabbits thing. LOL

Search 'rabbit transport' , if you're on any rabbit or animal group on FB post that you're looking for transport. Somebody will offer or point you in the right direction

Remember to mention 'from' & 'to'

Latest posts

Back