oh no she didn't!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boundarybunnyco

Reaction score
here's the back story. I bought four kits from a lady a while back. april 15th to be exact. one 8 week old californian doe. 1 8 week old new zealand doe. 1 8 week old black new zealand doe. one 9 week old siamese satin doe.
had them together in a large cage for a week or so till I got them their own cages.
yesterday I noticed the californian messing with her hay. no big deal. today at feeding time...she had a nest with fur pulled.
sh*t.
now what? she's only about 13 weeks old.
I checked all the other bunnies, and the siamese satin (pedigreed) doe, is not a doe after all.
what? can they really breed at 8 or 9 weeks? yuck!

Oh yes she did! I read on here as young as 8 weeks but after 10 you are asking for it. I have meat rabbits that I have kept a bit longer than 10 weeks and I sexed one wrong. While processing I discovered she was pregnant. Just marbles but at 11 weeks I guess she was 2 weeks along.

She will probably be fine. Give her a box, put the nest in it, and let her do her thing. Like any first time mother, she may not be terribly good at it, but her health will likely not suffer at all in the long term.

SB

If there was mounting activity going on, there is always the chance of it triggering a false pregnancy. Keep your fingers crossed that that's all it is... but leave the nest box in there anyway.

BBco,

I hope all goes well with the little doe, and am crossing my fingers for a false pregnancy.

MaggieJ":14e64xtk said:
If there was mounting activity going on, there is always the chance of it triggering a false pregnancy.

LOL... when I read that I thought "If it is unusually busy around the barn, it can trigger a false pregnancy?" :shock:

Sheesh- no wonder Hubs calls me "Blondie"! :roll:

Latest posts

Back