Oh No! Now my "good mom" has diarrhea.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sommrluv

Reaction score
I noticed it yesterday and hoped it was an anomaly. I'm pretty vigilant at looking at everyone's droppings everyday so I'm positive it was yesterday that it first showed up. She's on the same feed, even the same bag of feed, no changes in housing or anyone new coming in.

About a week ago I started small amounts of calf manna.

With the rains she hasn't been getting as many foraged greens but she started getting them again Sunday. Not in huge amounts. Could I have picked something bad?

She is having some solid droppings, some wet but still solid squishy round droppings, and some all out melted hershey's bar action. It smells rather strong and odd as well.<br /><br />__________ Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:24 pm __________<br /><br />I forgot to mention she is nursing. Kits are 8 days old.

Maybe scale back the calf manna, sub kitchen oatmeal, hay, standard pellets, and limit greens to small amounts of known safe plants, like plantain and shepherds purse. Watch her to be sure she is drinking, that is the main thing. If she doesn't seem distressed, she will probably be ok in a few days.

IF she isn't drinking/eating , you could be in bigger trouble, pedialyte can help then, but use only in dire need, rabbits get a sweet tooth just like toddlers, lol. Weaning them off of crack, I mean pedialyte, can be a hassle too!

There's a good chance I 'might' have been giving her more than the rec. teaspoon a day of calf manna.

For the oatmeal, standard or instant? I also have whole winter wheat.

Sorry this is happening... Use regular rolled oats you can buy at the grocery (no quick oats though), lots of hay and fresh water. This should help to harden her cocoa puffs back to normal.

Back