Oh dear! Could she be pregnant already?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iggysbabysitter

Reaction score
So I have dealt with Berthas gas issue, and she is eating like a pig, drinking (ah, yeah, still addicted to sweet mixed water bottle), and for the first time acting like a crazy happy bunny. Now, Bertha was sold to me Tuesday, as a baby Flemish, but she's small like the wild buns running wild around here. She's really skinny, but today started to add some padding (yipee), but as I watch her drink from her bottle I see her abdomen roll. A LOT. There's not much noise. Is it gas, or is she pregnant? She's never met my buck Thumper! If she IS an 8 week old Flemish, is this possible?<br /><br />__________ Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:31 am __________<br /><br />I wasn't sure about posting a video, but I have around a minute worth of video showing the movement, most definite movement in the last 20 sec. (Video can be found at Iggysbabysitter) Any opinions? I'm not ready for babies :O

Digestion :)

I've seen the same thing in a couple of my rabbits who aren't pregnant. At first I was like "wait...what the heck?!" gave them nest boxes just in case but nothing ever came of it.

Hello Iggysbabysitter,
it is quite possible for a Doe to become pregnant
at eight weeks of age, especially if they were housed with young Bucks.
I am supposing that she is one of the smaller breeds which may mature
a bit earlier than a Flemish Giant.
It is not probable but I would place a nest-box with your Doe
just to be on the safe side.
Not to worry, you will have at least 50 days before the kits
will need to be weaned/removed from their Dam.
I hope everything works out to your advantage.
Dennis, C.V.R.

Back