Oh Boy, It's Molting Time

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Multiple of my rabbits are shedding, but it can just be dealt with by a lint roller

Whilber however...

Is REALLY getting into it
I've had lawns look like that! "Summer snow" (and the birds love it).
Here's Honey B, two days after I completely cleaned the molted fur out of his cage. Ugh. There's a downside to tremendous density of coat!!! :ROFLMAO: (And yes, he peed all over his new board, too. He may be as disgusted with the situation as I am!)
204_3659 (2).JPG
BTW, I love how you keep and enjoy your little tippy-headed Whilber. We had a Mini Rex that got head tilt as a result of E. cuniculi. Moonlight was the sweetest, kookiest thing ever, had many lovely babies, and lived to a ripe old age!
Moonlight & babes.jpg

Last edited:
Btw, I love how you keep and enjoy your little tippy-headed Whilber. We had a Mini Rex that got head tilt as a result of E. cuniculi. Moonlight was the sweetest, kookiest thing ever, and lived to a ripe old age!
I'm hoping he lives a long time without problems 🤞🏻
He's about 3 or 3.5 years old now

We have a beautiful blue otter that was born hairless and didn't notice at first that her front feet were not quite right, possibly from birth or stepped on by mom, slightly bent. Anyway she insisted on living so we put her in with my pet doe Blossom who is a wonderful adoptive mom. She grew the most dense gorgeous coat and she became Blossom's "pet" lol.
But rabbits are amazing, it is slightly hard for Ava to reach the waterer, so when my Blossom sees or hears Ava rattling the waterer, Blossom races to slide underneath Ava so Ava can use her to lean on for support to drink. It is absolutely amazing to watch! My daughter didn't believe me until she saw it for herself!
We thought we would give Ava a good rabbit life for a few months before dispatching for meat but Blossom has declared Ava is not going anywhere! Rabbits are amazing!

We have a beautiful blue otter that was born hairless and didn't notice at first that her front feet were not quite right, possibly from birth or stepped on by mom, slightly bent. Anyway she insisted on living so we put her in with my pet doe Blossom who is a wonderful adoptive mom. She grew the most dense gorgeous coat and she became Blossom's "pet" lol.
But rabbits are amazing, it is slightly hard for Ava to reach the waterer, so when my Blossom sees or hears Ava rattling the waterer, Blossom races to slide underneath Ava so Ava can use her to lean on for support to drink. It is absolutely amazing to watch! My daughter didn't believe me until she saw it for herself!
We thought we would give Ava a good rabbit life for a few months before dispatching for meat but Blossom has declared Ava is not going anywhere! Rabbits are amazing!
That's great!

Latest posts

Back