Offered lots for bunny... What to do

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
So I've been dying of joy.

I have a broken chocolate otter Holland lop. Of my own breeding.

I've been offered $100 for her.

What to do.... What to do..

I would say that too, but I don't know what was involved. You could always produce a other and sell that one:). What did you do to get such a unique rabbit?

Problem is the buck died and the doe has become a biter.... Trying to figure if I have a work around.

Do kits off solid chocolate always carry chocolate,?

Is it a color you want to be working with? would chocolate (lol) bunnies be more saleable? would you make more than $100. on future kit sales if you retained her as a breeder?

I would ask myself what it would cost to replace her with a doe as good.
If it would take the hundred or more to do that, I would keep her.
Part of the risk of animals is the fact that they can die on you pretty quick.
Its all part of the risk that make raising the really good ones, not so easy to do.

You don't get identical rabbits from a breeding anyway so even with the buck you might not ever see another doe that good. Do you have enough good rabbits you have a chance of producing another with her traits? Is she particularly good in any characteristics your other rabbits have problems with? Can you get another rabbit for less that compliments your herd in the ways she does?

All offspring of a chocolate carry or display chocolate and self.

Hmmm.
Do you like to gamble?
LOL
You could breed her with a solid otter, obviously chocolate would be ideal, but I don't know what you have.
Do you have a grandsire?
What does the buyer want? Type? Colour?
I think I'd keep the doe and try to see if she throws same or better if you can't repeat the breeding that got her.

Back