Off to South Dakota tomorrow!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anntann

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Quick run to Sioux Falls, SD tomorrow. Taking a few Americans out, bringing a few French Angoras back. Hopefully I'll return with fewer than I left with :p

The rabbits I'm bringing back are chocolate tort, I think. (it's a bit hazy on the color). Buck and doe.

let's see here...what to do...what to do....

Need to set up a completely separate area somewhere. Probably the greenhouse. These are outdoor bunnies, so that would work, don't you think? It's not used this year, and is completely enclosed/safe. I can put cages there, and their own grain and dishes.

My plan is to evaluate the rabbits, then breed the buck to my 3 main angora does, breed Bingo to the doe, and a month later we'll see what we have! so that's...2 months away for kits (month for seclusion, month for gestation)..so...beginning of April. By that time, I'll have everyone out at the Farm :) YIPPEEE!!!! well. maybe. Depends on the weather cooperating.

There's method in Ann's madness, Shara! She says she is taking rabbits to sell and that she hopes to come home with fewer than she takes... but we all know how that goes, don't we? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have fun, Ann... and a safe, smooth trip! :D

It's kind of ironic actually. I had 2 inquiries about buying pairs of angoras..woolers....and didn't have ANYONE to sell! :cry: So I went and bred the does, and now have 8 who will be ready to go in a few weeks...and do I have anyone interested in them? NO! :lol:

ah well. I do need to get the Americans ready to go and put them on the 'for sale' list on the american yahoo group. They're looking really nice, and it's certainly time to go.

I can not WAIT until Spring and I can move them all out to the farm. Build pens where I want to, as many as I want. Hoop coops for the grow out areas, I'm thinking. And hopefully Mike will get my bunny barn build ASAP.

Ya know...I have some rabbits for sale. lol. Oregon's not that far. I'll only let you have 2. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Have a safe trip and happy buying!

pfaubush":2tf3giqz said:
Ya know...I have some rabbits for sale. lol. Oregon's not that far. I'll only let you have 2. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Have a safe trip and happy buying!

let's see...it's 1990 miles from me to Seattle. Can't be further than THAT! Plus...We have an uncle in Portland that keeps saying "come out for a visit!" :razz: hmmm. You'd only let me have 2...so that's safe, although depending on how long a vacation I make it, that TWO could turn into a dozen....

I wonder who ELSE I could visit out West :) (might need to take along the trailer....)<br /><br />__________ Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:57 am __________<br /><br />:duh: forgot to say that the drive was boring (that's a GOOD thing), and I now have 3 lovely French angoras...who all look alike! :x Lovely cream colored wool, orange tabby0cat looking :)

Do you have pictures?... and I must say our trip to PA wasn't as boring as it SHOULD have been lol, but I guess you didn't have to deal with border guards either. They must think terrorists go around disguised as rabbit breeders :(

Devon's Mom Lauren":2xbyms0u said:
Do you have pictures?... and I must say our trip to PA wasn't as boring as it SHOULD have been lol, but I guess you didn't have to deal with border guards either. They must think terrorists go around disguised as rabbit breeders :(
:rotfl: that would be an EXCELLENT disguise! "what have you got in the cage, ma'am?" "oh..just some rabbits..careful, they have sharp teeth", said the bunny smuggler.

Pictures. ah. I need to do that. Completely forgot to post some. Need to take pictures of the buck yet. oh..and I haven't posted pictures of Bingo, either. White angora buck. He's not very cooperative, tho. Let's see what happens!

Have a safe trip!

Also, have you considered taking a trip South at some point? I would love to have the opportunity to buy some Bevs from you. :)

Lauren

I'd love to make a trip South :) I need to get down to Louisiana sometime this spring, and it wouldn't take much convincing to get me to Georgia! Couple of areas I've been wanting to explore there but have never had the time..we're either driving to or from Florida to visit with Mike's mom.

I've posted 2 pictures down in "wool rabbits" subforum. These rabbits are really nice to work with, but I'm worried about their condition. I found out they were getting a pretty high grade feed, and papaya, but they're all skinny and the wool is pretty rough...so I'm going to worm them and hope for the best.

Oh that would be great if you did decide to take a trip South! I am serious about wanting to work with Bevs at some point- I have wanted to bring home a heritage breed for years. I really feel like I have a good handle on the mandolin body type from Elops and would work hard to support/improve/show the breed as best I could. :)

Also I would work with angoras as if they had wool block and go from there. I am sorry to hear about their bad condition, but if you can clear their systems of whatever underlying condition they have then you should be in good shape.

I miss my angoras- they were so cute and practical. :)

Lauren

Please don't drop me off any bunnies lol. I want to sooooo bad. I even found a nice outdoor hutch for $25 that I'm sure the landlord wouldn't notice behind the building, but I got a big fat NO.

:lol: okay okay. You get that degree done, and keep the family life happy. Rabbits will always be around :) I'm fairly certain that if there was a world war III that wiped out all human life and much of the animal kingdom, the rabbits would survive!

But I want rabbits now! *stomp, stomp, huff*

See, what I was thinking, if I had a mama rabbit and a buck, that's all I'd need because THEN we could just butcher the litters, put them in the mini-freezer in our mini-fridge, and have meat all the time instead of just Sunday dinner!

Again, big fat NO.

*sniffle*

Back