Odd things you've heard

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from the wonderful youtube comments.. this is a comment on a comment, I had shared about using ivermectin for rabbits with ear mites and this is the last half of the next comment. someone give me a bigger rock to bash my head against...
"The one that had it bad is now in the freezer as it was never going to breed. I think its hip was fused or had a defect as it would always remain arched and couldn't lift up for a male."

Lionhead rabbits apparently don't have eyes, or they're all blind.

I was once asked if a sable chin was from a breeding between a rabbit and a chinchilla.

And the best one of all? Cabbits.

ohiogoatgirl":3to1bfzp said:
from the wonderful youtube comments.. this is a comment on a comment, I had shared about using ivermectin for rabbits with ear mites and this is the last half of the next comment. someone give me a bigger rock to bash my head against...
"The one that had it bad is now in the freezer as it was never going to breed. I think its hip was fused or had a defect as it would always remain arched and couldn't lift up for a male."

I've understood the craziness of most of the comments, but I'm baffled by this one.

Who doesn't like cabbits? I think the gold eyed whites have the best type so far.
Cabbit.jpg

The calico harlequins aren't bad either
cabbit_by_malici0us.jpg

OK, first...

BEST... THREAD... EVER....

OK, maybe an exaggeration, but I am certainly enjoying it. The number of my neighbors who have had roosters "so they can get eggs" is a little alarming... :shock:

karebru":1m82800i said:
Taking that the other direction... We used to have a brown, bindle greyhound. My wife was walking him early one morning and an older gentleman passing by asked her, "You're walking your deer?"
Well, okay. It was really foggy... but?

This has sort of happened to me. I was out walking my beautiful sweetheart Froggy (adopted brindle greyhound - yes, that was actually her official racing name, daughter of the renowned "Molotov" out of Corpus Christi!), and we have a LOT of urban deer (neighbor feeds them - don't get me started). Another neighbor was walking toward me with his son, and said "I though you were walking one of the deer!!!!" He only figured it out when he was within about 25 feet. (Well, to be fair, the actual deer who made it over our fence would look at her like they were trying to figure out if she was one of them - until I would yell "Get her!" and Froggy would promptly chase them out of the yard and away from my plants. Never "Get him" of course, especially not during the rut. Antlers + Greyhound = bad.)

(Alas, Froggy passed away from a spine tumor this Easter at the ripe old age of 14. )

- Ant Farm

Back