Nursing rabbit EMERGENCY - possible tumor?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I must say that is a nasty thing, whatever it is... or was. Blech! :sick:

I would just continue on as you are, keeping it clean and open for as long as possible.

Hopefully she is feeling better now that it is out of her. Fingers crossed that it doesn't come back! :clover:

Looks like a benign tumor to me. A malignant one, if I'm not mistaken, should have had a much more enthusiastic blood supply.

Great pictures... I'll remove one set of them for you. :)

If you don't mind, I'll edit your title to include the word "tumor" as a possibility, just to make it easily found. Feel free to suggest a modified title -- something like "Nursing rabbit EMERGENCY - possible tumor?"

Hahaha I feel like such a moron, I didn't know it had posted all those attempts lmao :oops: Sorry for the redundancy!

Thank you guys for all your help and advice, I'll be posting updates as we go. She seems to be doing fine, but she's angry with me for being locked up in a crate in the house lol, she misses seeing her bunny neighbors!

Miss M, I don't mind you editing my post, thank you for doing so :)

I'm wondering if I can rebreed her after she's all healed, or if doing so would grow another *something*? Would you recommend I give it a try and see what happens?

RachelleM":66vov048 said:
I didn't know it had posted all those attempts lmao :oops: Sorry for the redundancy!
:lol: That's okay, don't worry about a thing! :)

Thank you guys for all your help and advice, I'll be posting updates as we go. She seems to be doing fine, but she's angry with me for being locked up in a crate in the house lol, she misses seeing her bunny neighbors!
Do keep us updated! I'm very interested to see how she does!

Miss M, I don't mind you editing my post, thank you for doing so :)
Okie dokie, I went ahead and modified the title. :D

I'm wondering if I can rebreed her after she's all healed, or if doing so would grow another *something*? Would you recommend I give it a try and see what happens?
I'd be willing to give it a try; I just probably wouldn't keep any of her offspring for breeding. :)

For the life of me I can't figure out how to upload pictures on here because they have too many pixels, I'm not an iPad guru by any means! :angry:

I've tried loading more recent pictures of MaBelle's recovery. The first night I used honey, I went to change her bandage the following day and the wound was saturated and oozing, it was NASTy :sick:

Since then I've been cleaning out the cavity with iodine and re bandaging her with telfa pads and VetWrap. The wound is healing from the inside out, and tonight when I changed her bandages, it was surprisingly dry in there! Still moist enough to be a healing wound, but not nearly as wet as it used to be :) And I can hardly fit a Q-tip in there to clean anymore!

Will keep updating on her progress, hopefully with pictures next time lol

I use windows picture editor by right clicking on the picture, edit picture, resize, pixels, I pick 1240 for horizontal and usually the vertical falls within range.

Yay, finally able to post an update!!! The following picture was taken about a week ago now, I was putting iodine on the scab and used the Q-tip as a reference as to the size of the "wound." As of recently it's entirely closed, and the only thing left is a little bump, what I would assume is scar tissue. She's doing great :) Thank you so much to everyone who helped me with this, I'm SOOO thankful I wasn't alone in this process!!!!!!!!!

Wabbitjack - thanks for the tip... I usually get online at home on my iPad though, which doesn't have Windows :down: I've been posting pics whenever I can get to our shop. Thank you for trying to help though!!

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 776
Wow, Rachelle! :p :p :p

You did a spectacular job with her! The tissue looks wonderfully healthy now. :D

I nominate you for the "Rabbit-Nurse-of-the-Month" award! Although it looks like Miss M jumped the gun and awarded you the trophy already... ;)

How is her litter doing? Was she able to care for them?

Finally getting around to posting an update!! MaBelle is doing great, there have been no signs of recurrence with whatever the heck that thing was!! :D I haven't tried to rebreed her yet, as it sits I already have too many buns in my rabbitry so I'm waiting until I can downsize by about 9 rabbits. The litter she'd had when this all happened didn't make it; I tried fostering them on another doe, but even feeding twice a day they were all just starving to death (lost 2 initially, then the rest were just so skinny and I knew they wouldn't make it so I just dispatched them) :cry:

Thank you again so much for everyone's advice and encouragement, I'm so glad I wasn't alone in this :)

Sorry you lost the litter, but you should be really proud of saving the doe. :)

Latest posts

Back