Nursing Home Blessings

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
Hi everybody!!!
I had a foot surgery in Feb, and as a result, I get to spend a couple months in a home for rehab...meanwhile, my personal life is all in an upheaval. My dogs were stolen on the 15th. Skinny Acres and Skysthelimit know the backstory on that--the lies circulating in that network I can only imagine. Supposedly, I beat the dogs with horse whips, and poked them with my ski pole tips. AND, get this, threw live rabbits out my kitchen window for the dogs to eat!
:x
I am looking for a less dramatic area to live in when I get out of here. SSDI just doesn't go far enough to get into what I really need for my safety and comfort.

Since I am here, I'll probably be stopping in more often. Pain levels keep me up, and there are 2 computers for our use 24/7, and usually, they are open for use, cuz most of the oldster's don't know how to use them! (was that a run on sentence or not?) :gnight:

Skinny Acres has been wonderful about texting me and sending pics to my phone. Looks like I injured my Surgical area on Friday (yesterday) so Monday's visit to doc for stitch removal and first cast should be interesting. It is rough_ spring is pushing into this area, and I am stuck inside, with a lot of seeds at home just begging to be planted. Remember Connor- who got to stay with me at the nursing home 6 years ago? I am in the same place, and my roommate has a cat named 'Opal" :)

Terry, so sorry that you've had to go through such a difficult and heart-breaking time. Hope you can use your recovery time in the nursing home to make some better plans for the future.

Now that you have Internet access, at least while you're there, I hope you'll pop in often. :)

I'm so glad to hear that Sky'sTheLimit and Skinny Acres have been so supportive. Thank you both for helping Terry! We've often referred to "our RT family" and it's super-nice to see it in action.

I am now sporting a bright pink cast,(was thinking about Easter when asked what color I wanted..)
and my weight bearing status has been upgraded to "toe touch." It was so nice to get the stitches out- a lot less irritation happening under the wrapping, AND, tomorrow morning, I get to take a real bath! (actually, a shower). :D

Did I tell ya all, my roommate has a cat? her name is Opal, and she has decided she owns me as well as the roommate. I am using the cold outdoor air as a huge, full body ice pack, spend part of my day working on retrieving my dogs and looking for a better place to reside when I can bear full weight on this ankle. And to top things off, I am losing roughly 4 pounds a week.

need to run off to bed before the foot swells up too much.

Back