Nursing doe suppliments

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxine

Reaction score
One of my does, Licorice, is on her 3rd kindle since the new year. She is looking thin and her hair is really falling out. I'm not going to breed her again until the heat of the summer has passed. Wondering what I can give her to rejuvenate her to her previous luster?

I hate it. Had I known she'd be worked so hard, I never would have bred her again. She just seemed so awesome. Her last kindle was a week ago and the poor girl had 10 popples! She went from 6 to 8 to 10. She needs a vacation!

:( Poor girl!

She probably needs some oats and some BOSS. Maybe some electrolytes in her water. Maybe give the oats a light coating of blackstrap molasses.

I have oats and molasses. I will give her a bowl in the morning. BOSS can be obtained at a feed store?

Thank you!

Hello Maxine,
you might want to give that Dam a bit of "Sweet feed"
It can be found in most feed stores near the Horse feeds.
Alo a mix of: Rolled Oats, Black oils and Barley might help.
When using additives to the feed one must use caution,
and observe how the rabbits system reacts to any changes.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I've given my momma doe a tablespoon of calf manna and a tablespoon of boss twice a day. She really likes it, and I think it's helping with her weight.

What's BOSS?

I'd give her calf manna, oatmeal (the kind you make human porridge with), sunflower seeds and some good hay along with her normal feed. I know it takes up a lot of cage space, but I always put each one in a separate bowl, that way she can pick and choose without scratching all the other food out of the dish.

I never thought of giving them molasses, I buy some and try it.

What do you give in the way of greenfeed? Give her dandelions, but be careful to start with a small amount if she's not used to them.

Ivory, BOSS = Black Oil Sunflower Seeds ... the ones you feed for cardinals :)

I didn't get a chance to pick up BOSS. Though I did give her oats with molasses this morning and she loved it. She did flip her bowl eventually. I give her alfalfa hay every night and any dandelion greens I find I give her as well. Her personality is a sweet as ever. She just looks ragged.

Back