Not loving the Woolies...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovehome

Reaction score
This is going to be hard for some of you to believe, but I am not lovin' the woolies. :cry: I bought a starting trio this summer, and have had nothing but problems. First, the buck grew to 4 lbs, so he obviously is not carrying the dwarf gene. Then, one of the does turned into a buck, and not only that, but a buck with a split penis. And the third one is a doe, but just pretty weak in type.

:groooan:

I don't need three pet woolies....

ilovehome":2vphesj4 said:
I don't need three pet woolies....

Perhaps someone else does.

Happens to the best of us :( I got (had) a barn of Rexes that just stopped breeding. You just need new woolies.

ilovehome":1izrdsh9 said:
I am not lovin' the woolies

GASP!!! Say it isn't so! :eek:

I would start over with new stock. Don't let these three give all JW's a bad rap in your BunnyBarn!

I will say they are all three very sweet natured buns. But I will focus on the Havanas for my small rabbit for now, I think.

ilovehome":3oly0r7j said:
I will say they are all three very sweet natured buns. But I will focus on the Havanas for my small rabbit for now, I think.

Felt that way about the hollands, and still do. Producing a bunch of useless slipped crowns. All a bunch of pets. Except they are the rabbits that pay for themselves :(

How do you advertise Sky? I have two 8 week old Holland bucks that I need to sell and I'm not sure which route to go...

Not loving the Woolys? How could this happen. :( I love my woolys....

But well I wish you luck with the Havana's. I can understand a bad run of luck.<br /><br />__________ Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:52 pm __________<br /><br />Why not breed your false dwarf buck to your doe and keep the best baby? That would at least give you a start in the right direction. Allot of breeders use false dwarfs because they don't get peanuts that way. And yet you will still get dwarfs if your doe is a dwarf. Just a suggestion, but that is what I would do. Make the best out of what you got and see what you get. I am sure there are plenty of people out there to buy up you culls. :)

MamaMandy":2ofmpky5 said:
How do you advertise Sky? I have two 8 week old Holland bucks that I need to sell and I'm not sure which route to go...

Craigslist, Hoobly, the Ohio Rabbit Breeders on FB, shows, the Rabbit Breeders lists, any way I can. don't get much either way but its better than culling Hollands I worked so hard to get.

If you get good stock, it makes it so much easier to have a good experience. I'd pet them out and start again if you decide to continue with Woolies.

Good Luck with your Havanas.

Karen

-HRanchito":lhcerery said:
Maybe you just need some satin angoras? No dwarf genes to worry about ;)

Actually, I had a few SAs, but went to work so sold or dispatched all but one buck last year. But I am retiring again, so I just purchased a doe for him this week. I'm very excited about getting back into the Angoras!!

Latest posts

Back