NO ODOR!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosted Rabbits

Reaction score
I had a fellow board member come in last night to see the new babies-- I will probably be giving her grandson one of them as a pet. I asked if there was any offensive odors about the place-- after all, we who love our animals sometimes get immune to the fragrances they produce...

She told me no odor that she could discern- which is what several of my 'caregivers' have been saying, as well. AND, as far as I can tell, since resuming the vanilla in the drinking water, what I was picking up on has been reduced--

I LIKE having a handle on things!!!!

Well you all know I mix peat moss in the litter pan when I can-- but right now, just some plain shavings and one teaspoon of vanilla in a gallon of water. Takes a couple days for the smell to reduce.remember, this is good for fly control, as well-- the flies don't seem to be as interested in the rabbit by=products when the vanilla is added to the drinking water.

Miss M":161qywc9 said:
Real or imitation vanilla? :razz:

I use the imitation Vanilla
and find the same result as others find
with the more expensive Real Vanilla.
If I am going to use Real Vanilla,
it is going to be used for ME!
I add Vanilla in my Pancake batter,
that is the secret ingredient used in
most of the Pancake houses.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

I use imitation-- otherwise the expense is just too great-- a friend got me a QUART of imitation vanilla for Christmas a couple years ago!!!

Great! Now I'm hungry for pancakes! :lol:

I've been using ACV in our water, would there be more benefit to using one vs. the other?

I found the vanilla to be more effective for odor control--never had luck with vinegar for fly control-- but then, I use white vinegar-- ACV, of the proper sort, is hard to get here unless you really drive a long haul.

Maybe try comparing the two, if you can== a month with your current program, a month with vanilla.I am going to try applying the vinegar water a bit differently to my patio cement to see if it's effectiveness will be changed as far dog urine is concerned. really, as much as I love my dog, I really am sickened by his urine odor--111

Devon's Mom Lauren":1rdhgq0d said:
I find just hosing down the areas my dog pees on outside is enough to get rid of the smell. I usually only do that when it hasn't rained for a few days or more
I live in an apartment -- no hose available-- carrying lots of water can be dangerous for me, as well--' Also, chances are pretty good your dogs 'stuff' is not concentrated in one area. But it is raining now-- flood warnings until some time tomorrow. I LOVE NE Ohio

Latest posts

Back