NEWS!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sjlattimore88

Reaction score
so this saturday coming i will be purchasing a silver fox buck so i will have a cali buck a new zealand doe a silver fox doe

(pedigreed) and a (pedigreed) silver fox buck. I think i will send my cali buck big buford to freezer camp i guess just in time

for thanksgiving all is coming together soon i will have my trio of silver foxes :p :D :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

i cant wait to start spreading the silver fox bug

Congratulations! But why not keep Big Buford and use him to get some good meat crosses with your NZW doe? That is one of the best crosses for meat.

Glad you're on the way to getting your silver foxes, but I agree with OneAcreFarm. Don't be in a rush to send a good buck to freezer camp, especially until your new buck has proven himself over a period of time.

U know what u guys are right I should keep him until the newbie proves himself I had a litter of two NZW CALI crosses but I think that's cuz it was the does first litter so I expected it to be small sold the two kits because people wanted them for pets I guess Imma get a few more litters and see what happens

Yep, I've got a buck that's a wimp with the ladies. That's why he's a retired buck now. And no... I can't send him to freezer camp. ILoveBunnies would be very put out with me.

Agree with the others. When we got started, the first buck we bought was a bust, he was lazy, and wasn't a good breeder at all. He was the only buck we had, and it made things very difficult for us initially, it was pure frustration. It wasn't until we bought two replacements that things started to go more smoothly for us.

heres a pic of one of the small litter i had about 3 weeks old the original pic is completely different i had to crop this i guess im goin to start recording for my youtube channel soon so you guys can see what im workin with and comment

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    472.2 KB · Views: 1,046
:p :p :p so i just got back from picking up the silver fox buck and he is HUGE!!!! i mean he looks as if he is fully grown and he is only six months old. i think i might breed my new zealand white with him next week!!!! :p :p :p :p :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

sjlattimore88":1flvit72 said:
:p :p :p so i just got back from picking up the silver fox buck and he is HUGE!!!! i mean he looks as if he is fully grown and he is only six months old. i think i might breed my new zealand white with him next week!!!! :p :p :p :p :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

NOPE, don't do it yet. You need to quarantine him for at least a month. Seriously, it may seem like a hassle but it is so not worth losing all your rabbits in one fell swoop if he is carrying some kind of disease that you aren't aware of.

ooooo kkkkk guess u guys are right he does have a few scabs the lady said its from him scratching because his new fur is coming in is that normal

I've never seen mine scratch much, except when they had mites some time ago. Different rabbits have different habits, though, and I'm sure some others will chime in.

so i tried to breed my NZW and CALI today and she was making grunting sounds and just moody they did the deed i think but im not sure if it was successful

sjlattimore88":274vvnlv said:
so i tried to breed my NZW and CALI today and she was making grunting sounds and just moody they did the deed i think but im not sure if it was successful

Did he grunt and fall off, or just fall backward or anything that LOOKED like he "finished"?

Back