newborns

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncrabbit

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
First time Cali mama "Leah" had 10 this morning after I left for work. It took a good while and some BOSS before she would let me in to check them. All seem well at this point. Will post more pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 374
Here is a pic of the newbies. Problem is there are two that look like they did not get fed last night. I have another doe the is due next week and had just weened her previous litter about 10 days ago. Would it be possible to put the two little ones with her?? Also, mama's urine has a red color to it. Is this natural after giving birth? Thanks....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 357
It's a lot of kits... if she's due next week I would not think it would be a good foster situation. It's pretty normal for a few kits to not get fed the first night in a large litter. You could try doing a lap feeding session today, with the ones who don't have full bellies, or you could pull the fattest ones from the nest tonight and check the skinny kits in the morning, or just leave them all in the nest a nd check them in the morning to see if they've caught up

Latest posts

Back