Newborn with leg injury?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Gimpy is getting along quite well. Over time the rest will develop and the bad leg will shrivel up and out of the way.

I have a very sad update for Gimpy. He passed during the night, along with a sibling that was a runt. With him heading up to the rainbow bridge, at least he has company and a fully working leg. He would have been a very cute little broken black. :cry:

His leg was fully formed, just fused at the elbow so it could only point backwards. The tendon was pulled very tight which caused his paw to in its position as well.

Aww, poor little Gimpy and the runt. :(

It is nice thinking of them making the journey together though, and Gimpy hopping along with a now perfect leg. :)

I'm sorry...I know it's of little comfort but nature has a way of taking care of the weakest....you have lost young ones, we all have, but it never gets easier... :cry: we are here for you .. :grouphug2:

I know, and thank you all so much. Well she is down to just 7 kits now. 5 just did not make it and those who are still left are doing amazing. I will post pics of them on the litter thread later today.

Latest posts

Back