Newborn rex - colours

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peggysue

Reaction score
I became a bunny - grandma today :p

My frosty point mini rex had 5 babies this morning. Stud is my blue self buck.

I'm guessing they are a litter of blue selfs as they are all dark but they or at leat some seem to have pink tummys. I will post some pics and would anyone with experience let me know what they think please?

Mum is frosty point from blue magpie x sallander, dad is blue self from all blue selfs.

037-2.jpg

031-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

Congratulations on becoming a Bunny Grandmom!

Sweet little popples. Hope Mom is doing well.

Wish I could help with color, but truly new at it. Hope you post pics as they grow. It's just amazing to me how much they change, physically and color wise.

Karen

the pink eared, pink bellies are agouti marked. Magpie is a chin which is agouti, neither frosty point nor sallander are agouti colors, they are selfs, which wouldn't make agouti babies.

Frosty point can be agouti. Says so here http://www.thenaturetrail.com/rabbit-ge ... pes-chart/ and I have one. She is Aat B* cchdcchl D? ee Very light grey coat, slight points, eye rings, white belly. Has thrown tons of frosties, 2 silver martens, 2 otter sable points , and a sable marten. I'd show you but photobucket is down.

akane":358c1dyk said:
Frosty point can be agouti. Says so here http://www.thenaturetrail.com/rabbit-ge ... pes-chart/ and I have one. She is Aat B* cchdcchl D? ee Very light grey coat, slight points, eye rings, white belly. Has thrown tons of frosties, 2 silver martens, 2 otter sable points , and a sable marten. I'd show you but photobucket is down.

I did notice photobucket is down, thought it was just me, stuff like that happens to me all of the time.

Thanks for the info, I was looking at the threeladies site, and only saw frostys with aa____Cchd, and sallanders with the same, all selfs, I really expected to see a A_ something on that chart. Look twice and thought I missed it. I was very confused, because those guys are so obviously agouti marked. Now I see it with Frost point and Ermine.

sounds very pretty and I would like to see it. Boy that chin gene is complicated !

Akane you have described my doe perfectly there! Thanks a lot everyone for replying.
Alkane what do these babies look like to you? Opal maybe? I had thought most agouti colours were born pink but I guess not?

Agouti colors are born dark on the back and pink on the belly and ears except reds and fawns. Sable and chin based colors are born a bluish grey, you have to see a blue to know the difference, often with a pink mark on the back of the neck and possibly other slightly pinkish areas depending on how dark of color it's going to be.

Opal is hard to distinguish from blue for some time, until the ring color begins to show up around the ears, nose and as a second ring color. I have an opal that had nor rings until he was three and a half months. I knew he was opal because he was agouti marked.

Latest posts

Back