new years rabbit resolutions

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastelsummer

Reaction score
attend 1-2 local shows with minis.
buy/build hanging cages for contrary does and all my bucks
buy/build better colony for does with raised bottom for easier cleaning.
build 4 new nest boxes
seal all nest boxes for easier cleaning.

Add yours too

Get the barn projects done this includes building 30 more cages insulating the barn and building a poop removal system.
Also to work on fryer weights improving those to what i want.

Hopefully get my breeding program going at full tilt. I've been having a heck of a time so far. If I don't see progress by March, I'll be replacing 2 of my 4 does. If that still doesn't work, I'll have a new buck ready by June to pick up the slack.

figure out what I want to change in the rabbitry. How to cut back on my minis, how to meet my market and still raise what I like to raise. Figure out if I'm staying in Harle's or getting into something different....

-I know this isn't rabbitry related, but it is my #1: pass my first year of nursing school in the accelerated program (hopefully with good grades)
-Attend at least 1-2 shows despite the above commitment
-Figure out where I am going to go with my Elops from here and move forward or move on
-Bring home some quality unrelated Harlequins and keep trying to promote them in my state
-Replace some of the cages or trays that I am not thrilled with with those easier to manage/clean
-Select keepers earlier and stick to my guns
-Figure out a reliable/responsible outlet for culls or start having rabbit dinners
-Remember that this is my hobby and avoid overly frustrating situations from pet sales, show stuff, etc.. the main goal is to relax and have fun!

Lauren

1. Remake my Rex buck's cage so that it will actually fit in a cage rack
2. Get grains growing in my square foot gardens
3. Do my first butchering (need to get a pellet or 22ga pistol)
4. Find a good Rex doe or two to breed with my Rex buck

1) build a super hutch for all grow outs, and install worm bed underneath
2) grow more grains in garden for rabbits
3) paint the rabbit hutches
4) get tattoo supplies and start pedigrees
5) go to a few shows and enter some rabbits so I know what I need to improve
6) learn how to tan the pelts that are in the freezer

1) Save up and purchase new cages.

2) Selectively increase my Silver Fox herd with outside bloodlines.

3) Finish at least 3 home bred champions this year.

4) Go to ARBA Convention.

5) Start a 4-H rabbit club in Anchorage, and possibly a rabbit jumping group.

6) Finish switching all of my rabbits off of pellets and get the diet dialed in to the point that I can achieve and maintain show condition in any rabbit throughout the year as well as I could on pellets.

#1 on my "rabbit resolutions" list- learn more about ELop showing, breeding, genetics, etc... and any other things ELop! Love 'em!

1. Get my 'barn' moved and set up the way I want before replacing what rabbits I've lost
2. Add about 40 more cages for breeding stock
3. Build 15-20 hutches for fryers
4. Get my watering system switched to auto nipples on open top jugs for easier filling
5. Get an easier waste removal system figured out...and employed
6. Increase to a total of 75 does
7. Get trailer built with permanent cage system for transporting fryers
8. Have all cages equiped with J feeders instead of dishes
9. Build enough nestboxes that all does are covered plus enough to swap them on day 9
10. TURN A PROFIT!!!

Shara, on a side note, I am still trying to track down who just built a processing plant in your neck of the woods. There is someone that picks up in Biggs too. I will ask again to try to find out the info!

# Cut the herd into just five to eight of my original shadeds (Kiddo, Phantasia, Fantasy, Emzi and juniors?).
# Cut the herd into just a couple of chestnut/martens (Scout and...?)
# Bring in two high quality trios (one shaded, one otter?), likely from across the states.
# Win BOB or BOSB at Thurston County Fair; qualify at least 5 animals for state.
# Maintain a small herd of angoras.
# Win a BOV or BOG with a first or more generation homebred rabbit.
# Upgrade the netherlands to ~30 holes.
# Upgrade the angoras to ~10 holes.
# Begin to work on ears, and get at least one older junior/senior with 1 3/4 inch ears.
# Quit buying new stuff!!!

Copied off my website, ohhh yeah. lmbo.

Shara":2eaq5sfe said:
learn how to tan pelts with brains
figure out a processor near me.

Are you anywhere near biggs junction/Madras/Redmond? Jennifer of 4D's Rabbitry http://4ds-rabbitry.webs.com/ sells to a processor that comes through that area, Nicky USA in Portland is also looking for people to sell them live rabbits. And over in Scio Rainshadow buys live fryers that they butcher and sell themselves...oh and there is a guy in Sweet Home that butchers and sells fryers. I hope this helps you dear, if you would like any more specific information I have contact info for everyone except the processor Jennifer sells to-but I do have her contact information and she is wonderful! :mbounce:

Continue to work with shelters to get rabbits spayed and neutered before beinng placed in pet homes
work to reduce the numbers of rabbits sitting in shelters for months
FIND A HOME FOR MUNCH!!

learn to spin
which will hopefully lead to collecting my own fibre better for use
put up more of my own hay and green stuff for the winter
use my dehydrator for the bunnies :)

1) Have bunnies :D

2) Get more cages and get a few meat rabbits going.

3)Find a place to get timothy hay.

4)Feed more naturally this year.

Latest posts

Back