New to the rabbit world

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy killer, you put them together for 5 minutes or until the doe is fed up. If he gets fall offs, then she probably isn't pregnant.
I'm sorry if i came off that way, I must of mis understood your initial comment. I thought you meant leave them together the whole time if they get along up to the week she is due... Ps. I have Large Rex but sextretly desire a mini lip cause they're so cute.

I'm sorry if i came off that way, I must of mis understood your initial comment. I thought you meant leave them together the whole time if they get along up to the week she is due... Ps. I have Large Rex but sextretly desire a mini lip cause they're so cute.
Oh, not at all! I do actually leave my buck with the doe until a week to 3 days from when she kindles, but they get along very well so I have no concerns while leaving them.

I have Mini Plush Lops too, so I get that Rex coat! So, so lovely and soft!

You will definitely have to experience Mini Lops some day, they are a fantastic breed!

When this happened to my whites, at first I thought pee, too. But it is not. It is rust from the cage wire.
it's new cage so it's not rust. I bought the good stuff that doesn't rust and it's only like 2 months since we built it. his pee is orange alot of times and I got alot of it off with vinegar and water. he's white again and I like that.

it's new cage so it's not rust. I bought the good stuff that doesn't rust and it's only like 2 months since we built it. his pee is orange alot of times and I got alot of it off with vinegar and water. he's white again and I like that.
Well, then perhaps my assumption is wrong. Did you use straight vinegar or a dilution in water? I’d like to give it a try on my buns and see. I will let you know If mine get white again. Sure hope!

What cage wire did you use? My hands aren’t strong enough to deal with rolls of wire and my hubby does so much for me that I chose not to ask him to also make cages and have purchased ready made, instead.

Well, then perhaps my assumption is wrong. Did you use straight vinegar or a dilution in water? I’d like to give it a try on my buns and see. I will let you know If mine get white again. Sure hope!

What cage wire did you use? My hands aren’t strong enough to deal with rolls of wire and my hubby does so much for me that I chose not to ask him to also make cages and have purchased ready made, instead.
I diluted it. I clean house with it so just used what was in my sprayer. 16 gauge wire, should last a lifetime.....fingers crossed ha. have nursery hutch almost done. going to add ramps to lil houses to hide in and then doors. DONE. Thank God for my handyman/carpenter. He's not free but what we have built is strong. The babies are so adorable,

I diluted it. I clean house with it so just used what was in my sprayer. 16 gauge wire, should last a lifetime.....fingers crossed ha. have nursery hutch almost done. going to add ramps to lil houses to hide in and then doors. DONE. Thank God for my handyman/carpenter. He's not free but what we have built is strong. The babies are so adorable,
Would love to see photos of your nursery hutch.

Would love to see photos of your nursery hutch.
I will try to take a pic on my laptop but no promises. I won't buy an iphone nor do I want one in my house. Too bad you are not my neighbor, I'd say come on over. I used 2x4x8 untreated studs, half inch wire for the floors and inch for the sides. OSB board for the roofs and shingled them. The second one is for the little ones. I will add some little houses and ramps for them to hide in this winter. I'm totally dependent on my carpenter who charges too much and drinks all my beer but the second one just needs shingled and doors. DONE. I will nail on some wood on the north and east side to protect from wind this winter, that I think I can do myself. My five babies are eating pellets and hay and don't even go in their box anymore. 3 weeks old. Cutest things I've ever seen. I'm giving my sweet doe 3 more weeks and will breed again then take the winter off. Every day is a learning day for me but I sure get a kick out of it. I like this forum, never knew rabbits were so popular.

I use a spray bottle with 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water. Mist the offending stain and rub with a nappy towel. You can groom the entire rabbit this way (don't get the mist in the eyes, that stings) and it may help whiten them some. Interestingly, you can use ACV on your own hair, and there are ACV shampoos available.

I use a spray bottle with 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water. Mist the offending stain and rub with a nappy towel. You can groom the entire rabbit this way (don't get the mist in the eyes, that stings) and it may help whiten them some. Interestingly, you can use ACV on your own hair, and there are ACV shampoos available.
I'll try that today. My buck loves to be fussed over.

Latest posts

Back