New to flemish giants

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&AHfarms

Reaction score
I just recently purchases 2 flemish giants. I have a Sandy doe and a fawn buck. I did not receive papers for them. I live in Minnesota and was wondering if there was any way that I could get them "inspected" to get them registered for breeding and showing. If I can I would like to buy a matching buck and doe and try to get into breeding for more than just pets and meat. Any help would be great fully appreciated.

Welcome to RT

As far as I know, if the breeder you bought the buns from did not keep pedigree paperwork, there is no way to legitimately pedigree the two you have. However, you can start your own and in three generations you will be able to issue your own pedigrees, with the two you have now being the first generation. I raise purebred rabbits, but don't fool with pedigrees, so I may be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

As far as showing, no idea if you need a pedigree or not.

Welcome

And as Marinea stated, there is no way to find out your rabbits pedigree. Unlike dogs or horses, the rabbits organization ARBA ( American Rabbit Breeders Association) doesn't have a centralized registry to keep track of bloodlines but since rabbits don't need to have pedigrees to be shown it isn't an issue

You should research the Flemish Giant "Standard of Perfection" (SOP) and if your rabbits match the description and don't have any disqualifying marks then you could do well on the showable :)

http://tinyrabbitry.weebly.com/flemish- ... story.html

Latest posts

Back