New rescue has returned to the wild :)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wyldrose

Reaction score
The kids brought this guy home from the creek across the street from our house. He is a fledgling seagull, I don't think he has in all his flight feathers yet, he can flutter but not fly. He still has his baby feathers on his head too. We have him set up in a large rabbit hutch with a swimming pool, he eats a lot so that is a good sign. He knows I bring the food now and eats out of my hands, I don't want to tame him, the plan is to let him go as soon as he can fly.

Here is Bitey McNugget!

He's perked up a lot and looks bigger! I live across the street from a creek and about a 15 min walk from a lake. We have a lot of seagulls here they nest at the lake and fly to the dump every day(which is not too far away). My daughter's friend is gone for another week and would love to see him, so maybe we will wait until her friends home and have a releasing party :)

:yeahthat:

Wyldrose":z1ovtakt said:
My daughter's friend is gone for another week and would love to see him, so maybe we will wait until her friends home and have a releasing party :)

Pics of his flight, please! :p

Bitey has gone back to the wild where he belongs! He flied away much faster then I could catch, but here's a few pics!
In the cat cage on the way back to the lake where he came from

My son Kaile, daughter Annika(with Bitey) and her friend Trinity

Seconds before I let him go

We where expecting him to fly to the lake where some gulls where hanging out, but he turned and flew back towards our house! He has not showed back up so hopefully he has found his flock!

Boy, he sure looks different now that his adult plumage is coming in. What a handsome bird! I love that last photo of him prior to takeoff!

You have beautiful children. They look very pleased with themselves. :D

Kudos to you all for taking such good care of Bitey, and being strong enough to let him free when he was ready.

I miss him already! I still have a can of sardines if he comes back :)
We bought him goldfish to eat in his swimming pool(don't mind the dirty bin we used for his water it was a quick toss together cage and the kids got into my laytex paint... lol!)
Little fishy is saying Hi!

Bitey was a good fisher! There are a lot of minnows in the lake and creek near by.

Latest posts

Back