New Reds

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currituckbun

Reaction score
We just got some new New Zealand Reds this past month. I am so excited they are so pretty.
I have not given up on my Silver Foxes but I have scaled back. They just broke my heart after loosing so many to the heat here. My New Zealand mixes and pure did so much better in the heat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 297
I love the reds! My first doe was a NZ red named Scarlett. She was a great mom but, boy, did she have a temper! We get along pretty good until she died of unknown causes after about three years. My buck Fred is from her very first litter in 2008. He is a big, friendly steele buck, I'll be pretty upset when I lose him.

Truckinguy":23695ncw said:
I love the reds! My first doe was a NZ red named Scarlett. She was a great mom but, boy, did she have a temper! We get along pretty good until she died of unknown causes after about three years. My buck Fred is from her very first litter in 2008. He is a big, friendly steele buck, I'll be pretty upset when I lose him.

A fiery redhead, eh, Truckinguy?

Maybe you guys can help me name the doe. She is unrelated to the buck so she will be his mate. They have pedigrees so I may keep the kits pure for the first couple of breedings.
So what to name her ??

They are both beautiful!

Congrats, Currituck!

Are you trying to stay with a red theme for their names?

Fire, Flame, Ember, Red Hot, Apple, Lucy, Lucille...

Gorgeous! Most of the reds I've seen around here are more orange than red. Makes me sad. My girl has a good amount of Rufus in her, and would be a beautiful deep red... If she had gotten her father's copy of the non-extension gene!

Latest posts

Back