"New Rare Breeds"... Are Everywhere....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On one of the localish groups yesterday was a post offering a "new rare breed"... for sale in a few weeks... The young person called them American Lopps. They are supposedly a cross between a Holland Lop and either a Palomino or a Harlequin ( they were not certain which one exactly). Said the ears had not lopped yet but were in the process.....
They were asking $10 for each... but would take $5 as they were eating so much feed and the person Needed them Gone !!!

I had to walk away from That conversation... I simply do Not know HOW to try an educate a young person... with out coming across as "mean"...

*sigh*........... :bunnyhop:

If you are over 30, for get it. You are too ignorant to be listened to.
If you are contradicting them, for get it. You are too ignorant to bother with.
If you are telling them they are wrong, for get it...you are just a stupid kill-joy and they will just keep doing what they want because they live in AMERICA and that is their CONSTITUTIONAL right!!

In other words...save your breath and your blood pressure.

I remember when someone posted a rare "rainbow" rabbit. It was a pee stained mixed harlequin. :roll:

I love the people that expect Lop crosses to "lop eventually" and put it in their ad. It doesn't work like that LOL

__________ Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:45 pm __________

I had a lady tell me all about her daughters "lion lop" that they were waiting to lop. I was like," oh? How old is it?" ...." A little over a year."

-____-

I tried explaining why the ears would never happen and apparently they need to defend their rabbit because "they loved her anyways."

I think she thought I was hinting to put it down or something because what they bought was just some lionhead crossed with possibly a holland... I don't care LOL Weird people!

If its new it is a mutt....plan and simple. Some people say anything to get a buck...money that is.

True, we have a nutter in my town that likes to cross every breed she can get her hands on, and then she tries to sell them for $35 a piece like they're designer rabbits.

PLEASE!

I found her by picking up a Flemish doe from her (more of a rescue, she was selling them at 3 weeks, they weren't even weaned, but I'm too young, so what do I know...). She had a lion head cross that she tried to tell me was an angora. She didn't believe me that it wasn't ( again, as if I know, it's not like I breed them or anything ;) ) and she's been selling the kits as angoras.

Oh, and the best part? Even though she's been breeding rabbits 'since she can remember', she was trying to convince me that does menstruate every month just like humans do, and thus my bunny should be spayed to prevent her bleeding in the house.

Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.

PSFAngoras":i0wxm9dx said:
True, we have a nutter in my town that likes to cross every breed she can get her hands on, and then she tries to sell them for $35 a piece like they're designer rabbits.

PLEASE!

I found her by picking up a Flemish doe from her (more of a rescue, she was selling them at 3 weeks, they weren't even weaned, but I'm too young, so what do I know...). She had a lion head cross that she tried to tell me was an angora. She didn't believe me that it wasn't ( again, as if I know, it's not like I breed them or anything ;) ) and she's been selling the kits as angoras.

Oh, and the best part? Even though she's been breeding rabbits 'since she can remember', she was trying to convince me that does menstruate every month just like humans do, and thus my bunny should be spayed to prevent her bleeding in the house.

Oh . My . Word . !!!! now i'm at a complete loss.... the things i did not know.... :roll:

PSFAngoras":2z38qeb4 said:

Now I've heard it all.

And then people actually buy from these people, and get duped, and swear you don't know what you are talking about. SMF (smacking my fro).

PSFAngoras":1cdubxx7 said:

Maybe she got her rabbits mixed up with cats and dogs?...well, small cats and dogs anyways...

PSFAngoras said:
Some people shouldn't be allowed to breed.{/quote]

In more ways then one...Can't fix stupid.

I guess I'm the only one that posts pictures of cute mutt meat bunnies and says "these are meat mutts, nothing special, but they are cute" and people still buy em up. lol

The "designer" craze has hit most domestics...dogs (schnorkies, labradoodles, pomchis, et cetera), cats (bambinos, minskins, et cetera), horses (though they are more up front about crossbreeding and don't make up stupid names, they DO claim that their ugly, poorly-conformed grade mare's foal is SOOOOPER valuable because the sire is a purebred Andalusian/Frisian/Irish Cob/whatever but the sire's papers were tragically lost in a freak accident involving a housefire caused by a drunken goat...I swear that's how half the crossbred horse ads I see on Craigslist go), so it shouldn't shock me people are doin' it with rabbits, too. :(

I feel sorry for the uninformed people they dupe.

Kyle@theHeathertoft":ajq9ilwt said:
The "designer" craze has hit most domestics...dogs (schnorkies, labradoodles, pomchis, et cetera), cats (bambinos, minskins, et cetera), horses (though they are more up front about crossbreeding and don't make up stupid names, they DO claim that their ugly, poorly-conformed grade mare's foal is SOOOOPER valuable because the sire is a purebred Andalusian/Frisian/Irish Cob/whatever but the sire's papers were tragically lost in a freak accident involving a housefire caused by a drunken goat...I swear that's how half the crossbred horse ads I see on Craigslist go), so it shouldn't shock me people are doin' it with rabbits, too. :(

I feel sorry for the uninformed people they dupe.

You mean a freak gasoline fight accident?

I sell my most of rabbits as mutts as well - AmChin x NZ x Flemish or Holland x Netherland x Lionhead x Mini lop mutts :lol:

I'm not even breeding purebred ML anymore since anything over 5lb is too big :shock: for the pet buyers and no body wants pedigrees anyway. As long as they are tiny and lop eared they find homes.

My AmChins are heading that way too. My 'show quality' doe is a colour genetics nightmare and introduced self, REW, and non extension into my herd and the demand is for meat rabbits which my hybrids excell at so I don't bother breeding purebreds..

Kyle@theHeathertoft":2raob9mz said:
... but the sire's papers were tragically lost in a freak accident involving a housefire caused by a drunken goat...I swear that's how half the crossbred horse ads I see on Craigslist go.

As far as BS goes, this is the BEST. EXCUSE. EVER! ;D

Latest posts

Back