New Rabbitses

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyva

Reaction score
Road trip. Went and picked up these guys yesterday. Settling into their quarantine digs nicely. The Broken New Zealand doe is huge compared to our mutts. She was born Jan. 5. They look really well bred and well put together to us, what do you think.

Attachments

• CIMG0851.jpg
    CIMG0851.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 195
  • CIMG0852.jpg
    CIMG0852.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 195
  • CIMG0850.jpg
    CIMG0850.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 195
  • CIMG0853.jpg
    CIMG0853.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 195
Those are Champagnes, the doe's grandma went best of breed at the nationals I was told. The red ones are a Red New Zealand buck and a Red Broken New Zealand doe. She is not quite white enough to be a "good show rabbit" but should throw some nice ones. The buck is red all of the way, but should throw some nice variety when crossed on the broken doe. I had to go to North Carolina to find them. They came from a breeder there, and are related to rabbits from the other breeder there, if that tells anyone anything without naming names or anything. I picked up a red trio for some folks from out toward richmond. The two does were littermates of our buck. One was a foot stomping nut, but the other one seemed cool. The other peoples buck was more or less unrelated. He had ears that flopped over a little bit at the top but he could straighten them out if he wanted, is that normal?

Before I went to pick them up, the breeder warned me that the champs were not going to be colored right yet because they are not quite 12 weeks old. If they don't silver out any more I think they look swell!

Back