New rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aileen

Reaction score
Why is it that the rabbits I plan to eat are sweet and cute and lovey dovey, but the angoras intended as pets are Ninja Rabbits who bite and scratch? Life ain't fair...but I'm still gonna eat them.

I bought 4 pregnant does today - 2 Cali and 2 NZ. I'll be eating lots of rabbit meat this fall!

I wish I knew the answer for Ninja buns! I have a NZR that is show quality, but she is vicious. Fly at your face, as though she has wings, vicious. I'm hoping that she will mellow some once she is bred.

Sounds like you got a great head start with the does already being bred! Congrats on the purchase!

You can actually use operant conditioning to acclimate a rabbit at least to basic handling. It does take work though :(

Wow! Maybe I've just been blessed, but I haven't encountered a ninja bunny yet! I've had curious bunnies nip at my fingers (learned to keep the red-polished nails out of their sight), and I've had "hide in the corner so you can't see me" bunnies, but not any ninja bunnies. I think that if I got one, I would have NO problem sending it to freezer camp!

I have one that I wish she would make up her mind what she is. Sweet one minute. Mean the next.

trinityoaks":28b48vj9 said:
Wow! Maybe I've just been blessed, but I haven't encountered a ninja bunny yet! I've had curious bunnies nip at my fingers (learned to keep the red-polished nails out of their sight), and I've had "hide in the corner so you can't see me" bunnies, but not any ninja bunnies. I think that if I got one, I would have NO problem sending it to freezer camp!

Yeah, but these are angoras with fur to die for. Ann's taking two and I'm keeping two. I think I'm going to move them into smaller cages and just pet them more til they get used to me.

I had a rex that was a ninja bunny!! She was terrible. You couldn't even open her cage door without getting attacked!
We called her 666.
_devil__by_crula.gif

Needless to say she ended up getting culled.
Cook_Kirby_by_derRofler.gif

I get fewer bites when I extend a carrot as I open the door.:D
Ann, you've got yourself a deal!<br /><br />__________ Wed May 26, 2010 8:45 pm __________<br /><br />Two of my newbies are now in cages. Two more are sharing an exercise pen for one more night - tomorow their cages will be assembled.
I moved the kits inside, hutch and all - two of the kids who were visiting have parents who wouldn't hesitate to steal them. So I'll put up with the smell for a bit of awhile.

Wow, R. Pines, if that bun in your avi were red, it would be exactly what I was talking about!

Latest posts

Back