New Rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMoods

Reaction score
Well, I managed to come home form a trip to Wal Mart with 5 new rabbits. Actually ran into a couple giving them away and, went to their home to get them. I now have One sable point rex buck, one chocolate velveteen buck, Another chinchilla NZ doe, tow velveteen does, a harlequin and a chocolate added to my herd. Tomorrow is butcher day for a batch of six so, perfect timing, only now I have to build new grow out cages since both banks I have will be full of adult rabbits (2 of them have to spend the night in carriers until I get the grow outs in the freezer tomorrow.)

I thought it was too, even though the chocolate does is 4 years old, I will still get a few litters from her. The sable point rex is old too, 5 but, the others are younger. I won't be breeding the chinchilla doe, they got rid of her because she has already managed to kill all of four litters by stepping on them or laying on them so, she will get stewed today. The couple that I got them from had them for kid's pets and, meat but the kids grew up and moved out and, the wife isn't a fan of rabbit meat so, the last 5 were just being feed burners.

I think I have better uses for them. :) We do meat and pelts so, those are perfect for us, and occasionally a pet for a grand kid so, a small velveteen twill make a good pet for the kid that will want one next year (she want's one now but she is 5 and, I don't give them pets until they are 6.)

Latest posts

Back