New Pedigree Creation Software

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonsaikazui

Reaction score
I have been developing a free website for generating Pedigrees for bunnies at http://www.pedigree-app.com. I would love any feedback or suggestions on additional features that are needed or anything that you would like to see improved.

I have been thinking of adding a feature to keep track of breeding and litters with awards sections and even tie in info on who each rabbit is sold to and for what price.

Thanks so much!

I would love to give this a try with my iPad! I have entered some trial rabbits. How do I make a pedigree? Will there be space on the individual rabbit page for sire and dam? I see you call it pedigree-app. Will it be an actual iPad app? This may be what I am looking for!

Schipperkesue":12bjscqv said:
I would love to give this a try with my iPad! I have entered some trial rabbits. How do I make a pedigree? Will there be space on the individual rabbit page for sire and dam? I see you call it pedigree-app. Will it be an actual iPad app? This may be what I am looking for!

Hi Schipperkesue,

Yes, I will eventually be converting this into a universal iPad/iPhone app for submission to the App Store and I will also be figuring out how to post this to the android market at the Google Play store. For now I am just trying to make the website as universally friendly as possible :)

If you wish to get to the pedigree page on the website you can click on the 'Creatures' button on the bottom left and click on the name of one of the rabbits that you have listed. From there it should give you the options to 'Edit Full Pedigree' or 'Print Full Pedigree'. Clicking on Edit full pedigree will take you to a screen on which you can click on the various parts of the pedigree in order to get info on the sires and dams and edit their info as well. When you are done editing all the info if you click on 'print full pedigree' it will take you the finished page with all the pedigree info. If you add your info to the 'Account' section it will automatically appear in the lower left corner of the print page.

I am still working on a way to make the print page into PDF format so that we can email a PDF of the pedigree. For now the only way to get the pedigree is to print that page. I should hopefully have the PDF capability quite soon. As you can see it is still a work in progress but I figured I would let everyone know about it so they can make suggestions. I am all ears! I just want to make it a little easier to conduct bunny business. :D<br /><br />__________ Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:59 pm __________<br /><br />
ladysown":12bjscqv said:
are you going to make it android friendly as well?

Hi ladysown,

I will certainly do my best. :) I currently only have Apple devices, but I will try to acquire an android tablet or phone and see if I can test the website on it and eventually the android app on it.

I am still in beta testing for everything, so If you have suggestions on ways to make it easier for you or if there is a feature that you want on there, I would appreciate comments. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 2,052
Thank-you, Bonsai! I have entered the rabbits in my small Rabbitry and everything seems to be working fairly well. I am on an iPad. I did have some trouble entering my dam and sire on the pedigree for the kits. When I clicked on the sire or dam on the pedigree page sometimes I was sent to a blank page and sometimes I was sent to a page to enter a new sire/dam even though this was not what I clicked on. I just backed out and tried again and it usually worked the second time.

Since I cannot print from this iPad I will try to log in with a PC when I get home from holidays and let you know how this goes.

Ohhhh I must check this out! Have not used pedigree software before, but would love too. Thanks for your time & effort Bonsai :wizard:

Schipperkesue":3my9xka2 said:
Thank-you, Bonsai! I have entered the rabbits in my small Rabbitry and everything seems to be working fairly well. I am on an iPad. I did have some trouble entering my dam and sire on the pedigree for the kits. When I clicked on the sire or dam on the pedigree page sometimes I was sent to a blank page and sometimes I was sent to a page to enter a new sire/dam even though this was not what I clicked on. I just backed out and tried again and it usually worked the second time.

Since I cannot print from this iPad I will try to log in with a PC when I get home from holidays and let you know how this goes.

Thanks! I very much appreciate the input! Please keep it coming! I saw what you meant about getting a blank page and I believe I have discovered the problem and came up with a solution. I have adjusted the touch areas on the pedigree so when you click on a section it should actually take you where you want. I discovered that if you click on the great-grandparents and there are no grand parents listed it throws an error. I have added a reminder message to the page to put in the child's info first and tried to remove the blank page problem.

I am still working on a better way to save the final result of the pedigree.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:00 am __________<br /><br />So I have great news! The pedigree PDFs are now fully functional! When you go to click 'print this pedigree' you can save it as a pdf :D

As always please let me know if there are any issues or if you wish to see any different features in the app.

I will continue to work on the other features that I talked about but for now...

Enjoy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,016
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 1,994
Does this just create the pedigrees or can you also track your matings and such as well? If not, do you have any plans to implement this in the future?

mystang89":3794gwej said:
Does this just create the pedigrees or can you also track your matings and such as well? If not, do you have any plans to implement this in the future?

Hi mystang89,

I am currently working on the tracking portion of the site so you can see at a glance who is bred and when they are due, who they were bred to, etc. I will hopefully be able to roll this out in the very near future (within the month of January)! For now it is only the pedigrees, but development is relatively quick right now, so I will keep everyone posted in this forum.

Obviously everything will remain free for the website at http://www.Pedigree-App.com, but I will let anyone signed up currently to get the apps for free when they first come out for iPhone and Android.

More to come! Thanks!

That would be awesome to have that software for the android or any smart phone as it is non existent atm. Please do keep up updated!

Bonsai, I have found another glitch. It you enter any word 17 characters long without a space, it will run off the pedigree square and disappear. Maybe not a issue, after all, how many words are 17+ letters?

I am sooo excited to see this! There is definitely a desire for an iPhone/android app for rabbit management, but there is nothing out there. I can't wait to watch how your program progresses. Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone!!

Schipperkesue":a9822lui said:
Bonsai, I have found another glitch. It you enter any word 17 characters long without a space, it will run off the pedigree square and disappear. Maybe not a issue, after all, how many words are 17+ letters?

Hi Schipperkesue,
this is definitely an issue that I will take a look at. I will try to find a way of perhaps shrinking the font or going to the next line if the word is longer than 17 letters. Thanks for pointing that out!<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:02 pm __________<br /><br />
Mary Ann's Rabbitry":a9822lui said:
I was wondering if this is reading to try out

The website is currently up and running at http://www.pedigree-app.com, but I will be working on the iPhone/iPad version of the app this weekend and try to submit the first version to the App Store as soon as possible. It usually takes a week to get rejected or approved. Hopefully it will get approved!

But if you want to sign up for the website you can certainly do so :)

Hi Bonsaikazui,

I tried to send a message to you on the pedigree site but it bounced back. A couple issues with the pedigree program. I have more information on my mixed herd and would like to add it. I have tried to edit sire and dam, and when I click in sire and dam I go nowhere. Also I cannot see a way to change the breed.

Thanks!

Schipperkesue":243a1m6g said:
Hi Bonsaikazui,

I tried to send a message to you on the pedigree site but it bounced back. A couple issues with the pedigree program. I have more information on my mixed herd and would like to add it. I have tried to edit sire and dam, and when I click in sire and dam I go nowhere. Also I cannot see a way to change the breed.

Thanks!

Hi Schipperkesue,

I did actually get your email and brought that functionality back for you. Thanks for noticing that! <br /><br /> __________ Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 pm __________ <br /><br /> Hi everyone!

So I have just recently added a breeding section. When you click on an animal in the 'Creatures' section it will take you to the info for that animal where you can also see all the current breedings and add additional breeding entries in order to keep track of those. I automatically made the due date 28 days from the current day and I have enabled email notifications to go out as reminders to palpate two weeks after the breeding date and two days before the due date as a reminder to put in the nest boxes.

Let me know what you think and what I should change.

Thanks so much!
:bunnyhop:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 611

Latest posts

Back