New Look?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
Is it just me or is the forum totally different? With adds? And what happened to the best smilies on any forum anywhere?

Right, what about the smilies? There are tons of those generic social media smilies, don't like those.

Could a sticky be made with the old smilies as pictures, so that we at least could hotlink them into threads?

Ads, I didn't notice, don't see any anyway since I use NoScript, but there is already a tutorial about how to turn them of.
https://rabbittalk.com/threads/how-to-not-see-the-ads-when-you-are-signed-in.33983/

Hi there, there is a new look as the software is better for everyone. Does anyone have the old smilies?

Good job on the new look, AngieMM! Nice and clean, easy to navigate, loads fast. Which software is it?

Thank you for pointing me to avoid ads! Still no sign of the smilies but ah well, I guess the upgrade in usefulness and security is worth the loss of them.

Hi, GBov.

I have sold RabbitTalk and the new owners have installed newer and more up-to-date software, so there will be changes. We'll get used to them.

The site was becoming too much for me to manage on my own without technical support. And in the event of my death, it would have been gone completely as soon as the server fees went unpaid. In addition, since Covid struck, donations to the site dropped dramatically with only a few members carrying the load. I'm not able to carry the costs personally. So selling RT seemed to me to be the best solution to all these issues.

I am staying on as an administrator, but Angiemm will deal with all the the running of the site, leaving me more time to participate in the discussions.

did we lose all the downloads that could be purchased with bunnybucks?
The Bunny-Bucks were a fun idea, but since most members had accumulated far more than could be used, they have been discontinued. I still have the content of the downloads (all of which are in the public domain, so no copyright issues) and I will see about making them available to members again.

Hi all. I'll talk with Maggie to learn about these things with Bunny Bucks and the downloads. It is something we did not notice when the forum software transferred to a more up to date software, and larger server. I am not sure if the smilies still exist, but I'll try to find out if that file is still around and can be applied.

Hi all. I'll talk with Maggie to learn about these things with Bunny Bucks and the downloads. It is something we did not notice when the forum software transferred to a more up to date software, and larger server. I am not sure if the smilies still exist, but I'll try to find out if that file is still around and can be applied.
Oooooo it would be nice to get the smilies back, if possible. In a world of generic emojis, the ones here were so special.

Thanks, Angie. I'll check my files as well and talk to you soon.

I sure appreciate this forum, and found this thread because I was searching for the "donate" link. Now I'm going to break a rule and comment on an old thread:

Thanks, Maggie for ensuring Rabbit Talk's long term viability. I wouldn't have rabbits anymore without the wealth of knowledge here. Now I have a thriving colony that is the talk of passing motorists, source of healthy meat, 4H show animals, pets, challenges, and joy.

I sure appreciate this forum, and found this thread because I was searching for the "donate" link. Now I'm going to break a rule and comment on an old thread:

Thanks, Maggie for ensuring Rabbit Talk's long term viability. I wouldn't have rabbits anymore without the wealth of knowledge here. Now I have a thriving colony that is the talk of passing motorists, source of healthy meat, 4H show animals, pets, challenges, and joy.
Hi SoDak Thriver,

Thank you so much for letting me know you feel I made a good decision. Some members miss the little extras we once had, but the huge body of information and experience is the most important thing to preserve.

I'm glad to hear that your rabbit colony is doing so well. I loved colony raising on a natural diet.

~ Maggie

Back