New litter.......but what happened here?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzy9

Reaction score
First time doe, bred to my NZW buck, hoping for more brokens, and I got a couple! :clap: But what is the solid kit? Is it agouti, or will the belly be white? I see possibly a white foot?

This is the doe......younger picture of her........her broken pattern over her back is darker than it shows in the picture. I bred her to my NZW buck.
IMAG0391_1_1_zps06e8126c.jpg

This is the kit I'm curious about. What color will this be? Is this a black and white, or agouti? Is that a white foot? Sorry for the blurry pics, they would not stop wiggling! :lol:
IMAG0841_1_zps5864fcfe.jpg

Belly.
IMAG0842_1_zps3d5f5d94.jpg

Brokens. She had 4 pinks, that might possibly be broken. The doe didn't show her pattern till her fur really came in good. Will wait, and see what they are.
IMAG0845_1_zps534bc9a6.jpg

She really made a nice nest, and pulled alot of fur for a first timer!
IMAG0846_zpsb64f7a5b.jpg

Awe bummer, I was hoping it would be something kinda unique, and different, like my little kit with the cross on it's forehead. :lol:

Thanks sky! :)

I love that doe! She sure turned out to be a pretty girl.

Congrats on the litter- finally you are getting brokens! YAY!!!

Thank you, Mary Ann, and MSD! :)

Yes, finally getting some brokens! I'm so anxious to see how these second generation kits will grow, and the improvements they'll make toward my spotted meat project. I'll have a break now, waiting for these last two litters of brokens to grow, till they get old enough to go for generation 3. I was going to consider buying a new NZ spotted buck that is supposedly pure bred, but I think it will be more rewarding to do this all on my own.

The does name is Bug. She had huge bug eyes, adorable, as a kit, and it just stuck. :lol: She is the sweetest doe! Been very lucky with this line, not a mean bone in any of them!

Bug as a youngster and baby (on the left).
Babies-036_zps21feebb9.jpg

broken-kits-035_zps654fcf1c.jpg

Thank you, everybody! Can wait to get fur on the pink ones, to see if I've got anymore brokens!

JDWest":2yuwwb3w said:
They are gorgeous! Imagine walking into a rabbitry full of those beauties.

That's the plan!! :D I think it will be really neat!! Love spotted critters!

Latest posts

Back