New Kits!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitsOfTheCreek

Netherland Dwarf Breeder & Well-known Member
Reaction score
Natzumi had four last night and Cinder had three. Two of Natzumi's died though because she shoved them in the back corners of her box, and I found them when cleaning her cage and nest box.

Cinder had three Blacks, two with a Vianne mark on their foreheads, and I think the third one has a white nose

I think both of Natzumi's are Himis. I'll add the pictures soon (Because I'm going to a community garden in a few minutes)

please don't blame your doe if kits are found outside of the nest UNLESS you actually see her doing it. Kits can stupidly wander away from the nest and can get cold very quickly.

Kit loss is generally due to four things
1. a weak kit lacking a will to thrive
2. kits making decisions in the nestbox that aren't smart (like wandering out of the nest)
3. management issues. (nestboxes lacking a scraper, predation, housing etc)
4. does making mistakes (overcleaning, killing kits (again you need to see/hear her doing so), etc)

please don't blame your doe if kits are found outside of the nest UNLESS you actually see her doing it. Kits can stupidly wander away from the nest and can get cold very quickly
No no, I mean she had a good nest, and I'm guessing that she dug all the way to the back corners in the nest box, put fur, had the babies, and shoved all the hay back, along with pine shavings and litter

I'm not saying they're outside of the nest box

No no, I mean she had a good nest, and I'm guessing that she dug all the way to the back corners in the nest box, put fur, had the babies, and shoved all the hay back, along with pine shavings and litter

I'm not saying they're outside of the nest box
I understood you. You were saying the doe shoved the kits to the back corner of the nestbox. The doe might not have done that. The kits might have wandered out of her good nest on their own. Kits can do, what we'd consider, strange things. :) Ergo why I say, don't blame the doe unless you see her doing something bone-headed. :)

Back